Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ouch!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Sad...it's a 2007 Z06. Word has it that the owner was aggresively driving, hit some gravel, spun hit the embankment and flipped over. :(

z06a.jpg

z06b.jpg

z06b.jpg

z06d.jpg

z06e.jpg

z06f.jpg

z06g.jpg

z06h.jpg

z06i.jpg

z06j.jpg

Wow

Gee, that's a shame. My guess: more car than driver...:(

Or, more dollars than sense...;squint:

Rick
:gap
McMurdo Station, Antarctica

I am hoping the driver and passenger survived. Does not look very good.

SAVE THE :w

If he was smart enough to have his seatbelt on, he probably survived. Hope so at least. Car looks like it will need more than a respray.

The structure looks like it stayed together remarkably well. No airbag deployment?

Inverted Z

Details of the crash unknown yet but it takes a LOT to get this car upside down. Maybe up along the side of the road cutout at a good clip or something like that. Did the traction control get into this or not?
I think a driver training course should be required to buy one of these street-legal race cars. It can be brief but intense and funded within the buy price or another arrangement. I know details of a course like this are fairly extensive but this is similar to the $10,000 crotch rockets that these kids pick up then off themselves not knowing how to handle them.
Reminds me of a photo I saw of a Ford GT smacked into a concrete guard rail last year. Same story, driver put the hammer down and the car just got away from him, front end all smashed up, just coming home from the dealer.
Buyers have to truly look at these cars as the race cars that they are and train up to that level of capability.
The training is a lot of fun though, I highly recommend it!

It was on CF a few weeks ago. Driver and Passenger both escaped with only minor scrapes, etc.

.....pitiful. Stupid displays like this hurt us all via insurance rates, public perception and legislative efforts to reign-in what we can buy.

crumpled !

It's a shame to see things like this. Just hope no one was hurt.:eyerole

Sometimes they issue a temporary plate that gets placed in the rear window, depending on the state. Maybe there is one in the rear window that we can't see. I would just like to know the VIN so when this one comes up on e-bay, I can stay away from it!
Andy

In my color too. ouch.. 1 worse was at Carlisle.. GM REP yes a REP took a BRAND NEW
Z06 into the burn out pit,, Burned the back tires off it and when it blew the steel cords
tore the whole back of the car apart.. It was much worse than this guys... He could not have hit real hard the airbags never deployed...

In my color too. ouch.. 1 worse was at Carlisle.. GM REP yes a REP took a BRAND NEW
Z06 into the burn out pit,, Burned the back tires off it and when it blew the steel cords
tore the whole back of the car apart.. It was much worse than this guys... He could not have hit real hard the airbags never deployed...

You must be talking about Will Cooksey's burnout at Carlisle.
Rob's write-up

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't say, do not do this at home! Do not take your Z06 and attempt to liquify the rear tires. The Z06 you see above is a Chevrolet Engineering vehicle. It was built strictly for testing, and will be examined, repaired and continue with being tested.

In answer to some of the comments I heard around regarding this Z06, NO, this Z06 will not be up for sale to the public or auctioned off. Once Chevrolet Engineering is finished conducting their testing, the car will be destroyed.

Yes, it's sad to know that Corvettes are intentionally destroyed, but these vehicles lead very hard lives as test vehicles and they do so in order to make the Corvettes that you and I drive, THAT much better.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom