Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

outlet on radiator

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
I have a outlet on this radiator I got its maybe a 5/8 outlet on the passenger side tank just below the radiator cap, currently it has a slip on type plug on it that I would rather hook up right, I am assuming its for a heater core return hose or feed hose ... which is it ???? or is it something else ? and which is the factory feed line to the heater core on mine ( one comes out of the water pump and the other I believe out of the intake manifold ... what would be the best way to hook this up right or better to just leave it plugged, also I'm not to fond of the radiator transmission cooler setup for obvious reason ( core rupture and transmission failure (700r4 aint cheap) I saw a really cool setup another guy did he took a small motorcycle radiator fan and mounted it to his trans cooler he says it worked absolutly great now Im wonderuing since I'm getting a 95 vette fan assembly about mounting this type of a setup where the lower rectangular opening is at the bottom of it is and possibly running this fan off coolant temperature say make the fan come on at like 215 and off at 190 or would it be better to run it all the time, or could a adapter be made to read actual transmission temps and run it from this

your brain question for the day
brought to you by Topless

well after three hours of work I got the C-4 aluminum radiator in my 82, how does it cool your probably wondering I would say good it took around 15-20 minutes for it to reach 220 (it doesn't have any fans yet) but with the brass one and no fans it got to 220 real quik, also after shutting the car off with hood open it seems to cool off alot quiker than the brass one, as far as mods to put it in ( had to shorten (lower) radiator hose about 3/4 of a inch (top one fit fine) aside from that stock mounts fit right in place without bending as did the lower rubber mounts) the sealing foam isnt quite thick enough since this radiator is a little thinner (where can I get thicker foam) ?????? after I get the dual fans on I will tell you all how well it cools, its not registered so out on the road temps won't be known for awhile, but I would say if this thing kept a C-4 cool with one fan I shouldn't have any problems whatsoever

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom