Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

$ over dealer invoice

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
What should one be able to buy a new 2008 C6 coup over dealer invoice when ordering one that the dealer hasn't stocked? Like $100 over or $1,000 over or ?

I got mine for $1000 over dealer invoice plus dang advertizing fees. I have read on this forum of $500 over dealer invioce. There is a tread that addresses this exact issue. Good luck

RK Chevrolet (Va. Beach) had a Jetstream Blue Z06 in it's showroom (about two weeks ago!) and they only have a $20,000 economic adjustment (mark-up) on it. I think it was just over $90K. So I guess I'll have to wait a while!

RK Chevrolet (Va. Beach) had a Jetstream Blue Z06 in it's showroom (about two weeks ago!) and they only have a $20,000 economic adjustment (mark-up) on it. I think it was just over $90K. So I guess I'll have to wait a while!

There is a Jetstream Z06 on eBay now for $72K - used, 1,200 miles as I remember. That's a nice cut off the normal selling price, and the warranty has barely begun.

There are 2 dealers in the Oklahoma City area that are selling new '08 coupes and convertibles at "invoice" right now. This does not apply to special models or Z06's however. I just bought my '08 vert at invoice.

Check out Mark Heitz Chevy (Chad Ellis) 405-321-7021 or Knippelmier Chevy (Raphe Cooper) 405-485-3333.

UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE TRAVELLING...

[QUOTEWhat should one be able to buy a new 2008 C6 coup over dealer invoice when ordering one that the dealer hasn't stocked? Like $100 over or $1,000 over or ?][/QUOTE]It depends on what they're doing in your area.
I think DENNIS FITCHNER (
spelling) is a vette dealer out your way.Hope I didn't break any rules just now by saying his name!:chuckle

You can get them (C6's) at invoice or $500 above if you spend a little time with your search.

What should one be able to buy a new 2008 C6 coup over dealer invoice when ordering one that the dealer hasn't stocked? Like $100 over or $1,000 over or ?
My 08 'vert was 2% _below_ dealer invoice. There are deals to be had out there below invoice, particularly from some of the Internet dealers, if you dig/do your homework.

The #1 issue if you are ordering a car rather than buying off the lot is to get a *definitive* statement from the dealer as to *exactly* when he/she will get his/her next Corvette ordering allotment -- too many dealers will take your deposit without having an allotment.

DEALER INVOICE PRICING

Hey people, what is so magical about Dealer Invoice. If a dealer will let you look at his invoice, then you can be assured that that is NOT his true cost for that vehicle. I don't really care about dealer invoice, I care about getting the best deal i can, and the secret is EMOTION! Don't get excited, and be willing to walk away. No one NEEDS a Corvette, they just WANT a Corvette. They build lots of them in all kinds of colors and options. If you are patient, you will get a GREAT price by dickering. So stay calm and you will get a good deal.

Silverstreak04

If you haven't bought yet, perhaps today's possible news of REBATES will help? News at noon.

Take a look at this website. You might want to consider purchasing your car in another region of the country and then having it shipped to you. It could be much cheaper than what you're going to find locally.

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/index

Hey people, what is so magical about Dealer Invoice. If a dealer will let you look at his invoice, then you can be assured that that is NOT his true cost for that vehicle. I don't really care about dealer invoice, I care about getting the best deal i can, and the secret is EMOTION! Don't get excited, and be willing to walk away. No one NEEDS a Corvette, they just WANT a Corvette. They build lots of them in all kinds of colors and options. If you are patient, you will get a GREAT price by dickering. So stay calm and you will get a good deal.

Silverstreak04

:werd: :upthumbs

EXACTLY !

Silverstreak04

Agree! :)

$2000 dealer cash on coupes $3000 on Convert's on 2007's - starting the 20th

I just bought a 2008 C6 Black Coupe with Z51 and NPP exhaust for 44500 ..

I thought it was a square deal out the door plus tax and registration..

I think invoice was within a thousand dollars if I took a guess..

Cars worth every penny!

What a blast.

Glad I pulled the trigger..

I paid 44,500 with all the dealer stuff included ...except tax and registration..
from Kerbeck down in Atlantic city..

I decided thursday morning to buy a new corvette... I emailed them..they shot me back a price....

I called and said I'll come down today to pick it up and they treated me like royality..( I rented a car and drove down and dropped it off at the airport in AC.. The salesman drove me back to the dealership to then sign the papers..

Took about a half and hour ...

Everything they said was exactly as described over the phone.. Great experience..

Heres the comparision to edmunds retail and invoice..compared to what I paid..

2008 Chevrolet Corvette
2dr Hatchback (6.2L 8cyl 6M)What Others
Are Paying
MSRPInvoice
trans_1x1.gif
National Base Price
A note about advertising fees$45,285$40,530
trans_1x1.gif
$45,273
trans_1x1.gif
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change--
trans_1x1.gif
$0
trans_1x1.gif
Optional Equipment $2,890$2,399
trans_1x1.gif
$2,888
trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif
Z51 Performance Handling Package$1,695$1,407
trans_1x1.gif
$1,694
trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif
NPP Dual-Mode Performance Exhaust$1,195$992
trans_1x1.gif
$1,194
trans_1x1.gif
Color Adjustment--
trans_1x1.gif
$0
trans_1x1.gif
Black
trans_1x1.gif
Destination Charge$825$825
trans_1x1.gif
$825
trans_1x1.gif
Total with Options$49,000$43,754
trans_1x1.gif
$48,986

I paid 44500 with all the little fees most dealers charge anyway included.. I don't know the details off the top of my head...I just know I paid 44500 plus the 275 registation fee..and the state sales tax here in NJ.. (been driving up in the mountains since 5 am..)

I guess you could say I paid 750 over invoice..and I didn't negotiate or anything.. I just got the price from them and agreed to it. I didn't figure there was any more room in there anyway.. I thought it was a fair deal until I got the car..

Now that I've driven the car...I say I took them for one hell of a deal.. I can't believe I got this car! (always a fun feeling when you buy a new car!)

All I can say is HOLLY SH!T ..

Great car! Go for it!

JB

I just bought a 2008 C6 Black Coupe with Z51 and NPP exhaust for 44500 ..

I thought it was a square deal out the door plus tax and registration..

I think invoice was within a thousand dollars if I took a guess..

Cars worth every penny!

What a blast.

Glad I pulled the trigger..

Could you tell me if you had any other options other than Z51, NPP? Is it a 1LT package?

Thanks!
JIm

Could you tell me if you had any other options other than Z51, NPP? Is it a 1LT package?

Thanks!
JIm

Jim,

I've never been a big fan of all the options available on any car I bought..

Traditionally (and I realize I'm an anomoly (SP) I just order the performance options.

To me....todays vehicles even the 1lt is a luxury vehicle..

At sunrise this morning (6am) as my 11 year old autistic son and I were driving up around the 7 lakes and mountains.... I laughed the car said on the center dash as I started the car that icy conditions could exist....

The 1lt is fine for me although the memory package is kind of cool and I think that was a 2lt which Kerbeck also had great pricing..

I blew the motor in my C5 Z06 on wednesday morning. Sold the car to a race shop wednesday afternoon...had it picked up by them thursday morning...I cut the deal with kerbeck in one phone call and had them give me a quick fax to represent the order in writing..Then agreed and
Rented a car around 1 pm , drove down to kerbecks and they delivered a buying experience that was wonderful and was exactly what they said it was..

I enjoyed the experience and the car is amazing..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom