Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Owner of 1963 Corvette Sting Ray with original parts shares memories with her father

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Owner of 1963 Corvette Sting Ray with original parts shares memories with her father

William E. Ketchum III
MLive.com

-f33ad5f6cb566f84.JPG

Maureen Robinson shows her 1963 Corvette Sting Ray, a gift from her late father
Michael O'Brien, at the Back To The Bricks Tune Up Party in Davison on Friday, Aug. 9.

DAVISON, MI--Maureen Robinson is well-acquainted with her late father's 1963 Corvette Sting Ray now, but as a child, she was largely kept away from the car.

"It was a big mystery under a tarp," she said, sitting behind the car in the parking lot of VG's during the Back To The Bricks Tune Up Party in Davison. ""He put it away from the 70s, to keep it away from us kids. It sat away for a good 25 years."

Robinson's father, Michael O'Brien, brought home the Corvette in 1964--a light blue two-seater with a back window split down the middle. Many owners of the 1963 model were converting the split window into one window around that time to make it look newer, to reflect changes on the 1964 model, but one of his friends convinced him not to.

Full Story: Back To The Bricks: Owner of 1963 Corvette Sting Ray with original parts shares memories with her father | MLive.com

Very cool! But it's missing the 'cookie sheets' on the hood -- original parts that an award-winning, mostly- to all-original '63 would be expected to have... Wonder if they hadn't been replaced after she got the paint clear-coated...? ;shrug

My three sons are into cars, but don't care for convertibles. So my only princess will get the '64 I've owned for 46 years and counting, much like Maureen.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom