Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Owners of Straight 6 Corvette?

ajla

Does anyone in the forums own one of the old Straight Six Corvettes?

EDIT: MY GOD!!!!!! I wrote V6!!!! I swear to everyone that I knew the Corvette Six was a straight six and not a V6. I feel very ill now. :puke

Please everyone in the C1 and C2 forums forgive me. :hb

Help me understand why this shouldn't be in the Off Road Lounge, or Comedy Central? :D

Oh..Con-trair.......Here in Joisey there is a Buick Grand National performance shop called ...1/4 Mile Performance He is a custom mod shop for the Grand Nationals.

The Owner..Jim ..took a Grand National V6 Turbo motor and droped it into a 1975 Corvette and went to the drags here in ATCO NJ and blew the doors off of a bunch of different grudge racers including a few Corvettes on free for all night.

They were blown away when they looked under his hood..................

IH2LOSE said:
They never had a V6 only a straight 6

Oh God..... I wrote V6??? I changed my original post a bit, but I can't believe I did that.

Thank you for the info 67.

Viet Nam Vett said:
Oh..Con-trair.......Here in Joisey there is a Buick Grand National performance shop called ...1/4 Mile Performance He is a custom mod shop for the Grand Nationals.

I suspect our friend was looking for a Corvette 6 in a Corvette. ;)

I've got a straight 6 :) in my 54. What do you want to know? Chuck

ChuckG said:
I've got a straight 6 :) in my 54. What do you want to know? Chuck

Just a few things
1. How often do you drive it during the year?
2. What kind of history (if any) do you know about it?
3. How tight of a fit is it? Does it feel as slow as people make it out to be?
4. When some thing breaks what do you do for new parts?
5. Do you think they are worth it considering how much they cost right now (knowing the prices will just keep going up)

PS: That is a an absolutley GREAT collection of Corvettes you have there although I noticed you don't have a C4 on your list right now.

ajla said:
Just a few things
1. How often do you drive it during the year?
2. What kind of history (if any) do you know about it?
3. How tight of a fit is it? Does it feel as slow as people make it out to be?
4. When some thing breaks what do you do for new parts?
5. Do you think they are worth it considering how much they cost right now (knowing the prices will just keep going up)

PS: That is a an absolutley GREAT collection of Corvettes you have there although I noticed you don't have a C4 on your list right now.

I drive it very little. As a matter of fact, I've put less than 1000 miles on it since it was restored and back on the road in about 1990. It's always been pretty much a show car/trailer potato.

History? I've traced the history back from me to Scottsdale, Arizona in the early 60's. The car was bought by a Pennsylvania guy who attended college at Arizona State. Drove the car back to the Scranton, PA area. That's how it got back to the East Coast. Went from PA to Delaware, then to Maryland.

Tight fit? Yes, it's not the most comfortable car to drive, especially for me at 6'4" and 240#'s. They're "slow" acceleration wise compared to other Corvettes and modern cars, but you've got to realize that these were "high tech" in 53-54. It will cruise all day at 60-70 MPH on the Interstate.

Parts, both repro and original are available. You "gotta know" where to look and buy. :)

Prices? They have gone up, along with everything else in the Corvette market. They're neat cars, real head turners. Most don't even know what they are. :)

I've had a couple of C4's. Had an 88 coupe, traded it for a 92 coupe, then sold the 92 to buy the 69 about 8 years ago.

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom