Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! P0174 System too lean(Bank 2)

C

caseyk

I cranked my car up this moring and got an engine light.I have a programmer that shows the diagnostic codes and it is P0174 system too lean (Bank 2) .I also got another light over the weekend that stated the same thing ,except it was bank 1.I have done a little reading up on it and it says it could possibly be a dirty MAF sensor? Can someone point me in the right direction? I do have a cold air intake with a K&N filter(oiled) I did read that this could be a result of over oiling the filter.If anyone has experience with this let me know what you did to fix it.I would really appreciate it.
thumbsup.gif

If this code has begun to set right after you installed the cold air intake and the filter had too much oil in it, or right after you cleaned and reoiled the filter and you did not perform the reoiling process correctly, it is possible the filter oil has damaged the MAF.

On the other hand, if the intake kit was installed some time previous to the light coming on, I'd think it unlikely that filter oil is the problem.

The engine setting the "system lean" code can be caused by a wide variety of problems.

My advice is to purchase the factory service manual set and follow the diagnostic/repair instructions for those codes.

Lean conditions are usually from false air entering the intake manifold (vacuum leaks), or lack of correct fuel supply (dirty injectors, fuel pump, etc). I would first make sure your cold air intake clamps are tight and seated correctly.

Thank you all for the feedback,obviously I will start with the simple stuff,checking/fixing leaks,cleaning the MAF sensor,run some fuel injector cleaner through it etc. Can I pour injector cleaner straight in the tank or not?I know some of those injector cleaners damage the fuel injectors.I will also change the fuel filter too. Thanks again,I'll post what I find for future reference.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom