Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

P0327 Knock Sensor

jasonpzx6r

Corvette
2001 Corvette Z06 (Quiksilver)
This is the code that I am pulling, anyone had similar experience. 2001 Z w/ 8K miles. Thanks for the info.

Jason

HI there,

Could be water intrusion, especially if someone drilled the cowl for an oil pressure sensor replacement.

Could be the sensor or the harness also as you will have to remove the intake manifold to get to them.

Allthebest, c4c5

(snip) especially if someone drilled the cowl for an oil pressure sensor replacement.

(snip)

I take it that a KS failure due to water is a common result of the grass roots "fix" of drilling a hole in the cowl to change the pressure sensor.

Is that problem enevitible, no matter how the cowl drilling procedure is excecuted, or, if it's done right (ie: after the sensor is replaced the hole is blocked off and water-sealed), the procedure is acceptable.

The cowl provides critical protection of the engine as the water drains down the windshield.

The cowl was never engineered to be drilled and repaired.

Cutting a panel NOT engineered to be cut is unacceptable.

I have seen wind noise, water leaks, flutter problems all caused by people cutting the cowl.

I WILL NEVER recommend that course of action.

As for the knock sensor codes, there was a TSB from water rolling down the intake and settling into the knock sensor wells. Cutting a cowl could amplify this issue.

Allthebest, c4c5

Will be replacing the sensor soon. Do you know if this will change engine performance while the sensor is bad? Maybe it's just me but it feels like the car is sluggish right now.

Oh yes, when the code sets the program changes to compensate for the lack of correct knock sensor signal.

Just make sure you know WHICH ONE is the bad one.

Measure resistance from the harness to ground for EACH SENSOR.

Specification is 93k to 107k ohms resistance.

Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom