Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

P0461 and B2723

mick_s3

Corvette
1997 White Coupe
This morning I started my car and the security light started flashing. I didn't have the key all the way in the ignition. So I shut her down, inserted the key all the way and started it. About 1 mile down the road the gas gauge quit working, these are the 2 codes......

Any correlation between what happened the the gas gauge dying, or just coincidence?

Thanks,

Mick

Ok, I cleared the codes out of the DIC and now the gauge is working????? :confused

Would the codes cause the gauge to not function or is this just coincedence as well? I am going to take it for a spin and see what happens.

MIck

HI there,
Your 461 is for the passenger side sensing unit for your fuel tank.
This will cause the PCM to default, and show the lowest fuel level available.
Once you cleared the code, it accepted the information, and allowed the information to be transfered to the IPC.
As for the 2723, this is for an invalid key code signal.
You may have a worn key cylinder or key.
The 2 are not related.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

Thank you once again for the info!

I took the car for a spin, stopped put some gas in it, the gauge is working fine.
I stopped twice and turned it off for a few minutes. No codes now and the gauge seems to be working fine......

Do you think it would be in my best interest to take it to the dealer and have it checked out?

It seems strange that these 2 things would happen at the same time. Could this be indications of a PCM problem or wiring problem?

It sure is nice that you take the time to help me out, please make sure that if you ever make it down to Tampa/Orlando you drop me a line so that I can buy you a beer, soda, cigar, lunch whatever!

Mick

Hi there,
The 461 is a known concern with the passenger side wiring, or sensing unit.
The 2723 is a BCM code, which is a separate control module. I would suggest no, they are not related.
Honestly, correct diagnosis in this instance is critical.
See if the codes come back.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom