Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paddle Shift Auto ?

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
So, has anyone taken delivery of a new '06 with the paddle shifter auto?

If so, care to comment on it?

No one driving a new 06 auto yet?

Hot Rod Magazine,November issue, did a 5 page tech article on the new six speed auto transmission........quote "may be hottest auto transmission for the street" & " high tourque capacity", Hot Rod has always been a dependable source for good info . they love the enginering "IF" it passes there test it will pass mine............a C6 & A6 in my near future.the Dog Woof

STRAYDOG said:
Hot Rod Magazine,November issue, did a 5 page tech article on the new six speed auto transmission........quote "may be hottest auto transmission for the street" & " high tourque capacity", Hot Rod has always been a dependable source for good info . they love the enginering "IF" it passes there test it will pass mine............a C6 & A6 in my near future.the Dog Woof

I'd love to see a road test article on the new C6 with A6. I'm seeing lots of 'tech' articles but no actual road and track tests.

Paddle Shift Auto

Picked up Monterey Red C6 Auto Vert Sept 24 in Chicagoland and drove to Florida via Smokey Mtns. The paddle shifter is great, a lot of fun in the mountians, had 2 motorcycles chasing me. I must admit getting use to it takes some time. I am not into all out racing but I almost got arrested having to much fun.

Picked up my Monterey Red vert with the A6 tanny at NCM on the 27th of Sept. and drove it back to the DC area. I didn't use the paddle shift until the car was broken in, but I use in most of the time now. It is great with the HUD since you can easily see your revs in the tach without looking down. It also shows you what gear you are in. If you try to shift into 6th and are not moving fast enough, it won't allow you to do it and an X shows on the HUD accompanied by a chime. The same is true on downshifting - it won't let you damage the engine with improper shifts. It is very quick to respond when activated. The only problem that I have encountered is when trying to shift or downshift in a turn when your fingers are not on the button, you have to move your hand to a different position on the wheel to access the paddles.
I'm very glad that I got this option on the car

donsar said:
Picked up my Monterey Red vert with the A6 tanny at NCM on the 27th of Sept. and drove it back to the DC area. I didn't use the paddle shift until the car was broken in, but I use in most of the time now. It is great with the HUD since you can easily see your revs in the tach without looking down. It also shows you what gear you are in. If you try to shift into 6th and are not moving fast enough, it won't allow you to do it and an X shows on the HUD accompanied by a chime. The same is true on downshifting - it won't let you damage the engine with improper shifts. It is very quick to respond when activated. The only problem that I have encountered is when trying to shift or downshift in a turn when your fingers are not on the button, you have to move your hand to a different position on the wheel to access the paddles.
I'm very glad that I got this option on the car

Test drove a Black/Black/Black A6 conv. Saturday. The paddle shift was fun but I still think I'd go with the MN6 (die-hard manual guy).

I purchased a 06 Z51 w/ paddle shift. Al I can say is WOW. This is the best of both worlds. Smooth as silk shifting. It automaticaly down shifts when slowing down. It shifts into 2nd automaticaly unless you down shift into 1st. It won't up shift into 6th. unless your over 50 mph. I can't imagine what the General could do to make it better. I'm told it has it's own computer. You see what gear your in on the heads up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom