Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paddle Shift thoughts?

Need feedback and experiences with automatic 6 Speed Paddle Shift. Looking at 2006.

It is nice. A bit slow on downshifts, but you can predict "when" as you get used to it.

Fun cars - my wife was finally able to say she loved a Corvette as a result of an 06 auto. :cool

Got one. Agree with above - the shifting is -not- instantaneous, up or down in the 2006 paddle shift cars. GM reprogrammed the speed of the shift for 2008 but I don't know if the 2008 programming works on the '06 - I would hope so.

The paddle shift cars give you an antomatic car with 'manual' shift capability. If you like the idea of letting the car do all the shifting most of the time yet get the benefits of 6 gears and 'manual, sequential' shift mode, it's hard to beat.

The paddles take a little practice to get used to but it doesn't take long. When you don't want to shift everytime, leave it in "D" or "S" and don't touch the paddles and it takes care of shifting for you. My wife drives our '06 daily and rarely touches the paddles. When I'm driving it, I play with the paddle mode. It also works very well on autocross and hot laps on road courses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom