Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paid too much, but finally got it (and a little unrelated bad news)

Brangeta

I purchased this about a week ago and finally got it. I paid more than I would have liked, but since the featured car is one I've never encountered pictures of, I thought it was worth having.

Click below for compressed, readable scans. If you'd like high resolution scans, as always, email me. The foldout part had to be scanned in 2 parts, and it isn't stitched together properly, but it's about as good as I could get it without rescanning.
http://members.aol.com/brangeta/callawayIMP-1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/brangeta/callawayIMP-2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/brangeta/callawayIMP-3-4.jpg
In other news... I was hesitant to bring this up, but since you are all my friends here, I thought it was worth mentioning. My best friend in the world, for nearly 14 years, had to be put to sleep yesterday morning. She had long term kidney disease and was withering away so it had to be done. I'm really heartbroken about it. Reflection will live on forever in my mind and heart, may she rest in peace. :cry
n18800375_31590744_4444.jpg

Scans look good - hey, I once paid more than I should for an ad, only to find out it was nothing more than a high quality color copy! :mad

Behind glass though, one cannot really tell ;squint: :ugh

Sorry to hear of your friend.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the condolences.

Very nice ad. Unusual and interesting.

My condolences for your loss. I had to make the same decision several years ago for my cat Smokey. I got her as a kitten from the shelter and kept her more than 14 years. And I still miss her even now.

Jane Ann

Thanks Jane Ann :) . It's really hard losing them after so many years of attachment.

Hey Chris, I just noticed on the green C8 that the rear license plate area is painted black. Didn't you say Tony's C8 had a darker red in the license plate area as well a long time ago? What's the story behind that decision?

Sorry to hear about your cat Brandon. I've lost a few animal friends over the years, and i still miss them. Keep her pic around for later when you can have a smile when you look at it and remember the great times you spent together.

Say, those prints are the collector type, triple fold thing ? I think, i might have a couple of different cars floating around that a friend gave me a few years back. Definitly not a Callaway in there, but i think it; might have a Vette and Camaro in it. Now i have to go find them. ;)

:w
-Stefan

Thanks Stefan.

Yeah, these folded things are pretty neat. I had a whole book of them I bought at Half Price Books about 6 months ago for $10. It had about 50 cars including the Callaway Speedster in it, but I forgot to ever scan the pages before returning the book. :ugh

I paid way too much for this Callaway C8 one, but at least I have it now. The price annoyed me though, it wasn't exactly a good value.

There is a Camaro owner I know who owns a 4th gen teal Camaro Z28 with white and orange flames that had this company do a feature on his car. It's really tricked out; suicide doors, shaved EVERYTHING (even the place to attach a license plate on the rear bumper-- it's for show only), white leather covered interior with flames airbrushed on the seats. His internet name is something like Camaro Cassnova.
mvc-020s.jpg

Sorry to hear about your cat. But she had 14 years of a happy life. It's always sad to lose a pet, though. She looks like a real sweetheart.

Thanks Aurora40, she was a great cat and always was. :)
n18800375_31590733_2818.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom