Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

paint bubbles in my '61 hood

allnfun

Corvette
1961 Ermine white
I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, but small bubbles started developing in the paint ONLY associated with the hood of my Ermine white '61 vette. I was reading an advertisement for a A/C compressor shield, which if installed on a 1963-1976 vette, it will prevent buildup and absorption of the oil, which will cause bubbles in the paint just above the A/C compressor. Could oil and gas fumes from my dual-quad 283 be causing the bubbles? And if so, how can I prevent them?

I doubt that any paint bubbles would be caused by "oil and gas fumes". What does the underside of the hood look like?

If your car was painted within the last few years I would guess that the bubbles are caused by some contaminant that was in the fiberglass (perhaps paint striper) when it was painted.

Charles

I've had the car since 2001 and in talking to the previous owner, he said there had been a stack fire a year earlier, which forced him to repaint the hood (along with detailing the rest of the engine compartment). So the underside of the hood and the entire engine compartment are quite clean.
Sounds like a re-paint job to me. Thanks for the advise!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom