Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint?

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
I want to repaint the rear window trim and the grooves on my aluminum wheels. What type of black paint should I use and do I need to remove the old paint first? If it is suggested to remove the old paint, what or how should I do it? Thanks for the input...Jeff...:D...

Krylon semi-flat black, off the shelf at Wal-Mart. It's a near perfect match. You can spend $8 or $10 a can for the stuff from the aftermarket providers and the specialty houses, but the Krylon will do the trick.

Wheels may not need to have the existing black removed, but you will probably want to clean up the trim pieces for appearance purposes.

:)

Mike, is the krylon semi-flat black a spray paint? Did you take your trim off or leave it on to clean it up prior to paint? What did you use to clean it up? Sorry about all the questions and thanks for responding.

The Krylon sem-flat is a spray can scuff/clean on car and paint. Clean up
with lacquer cleaner or mineral spirits. Hope this helps.
Jimmy

After doing a bit more research and searching all the posts on this topic, it seems this is the easiest way to do it. Leave on car, scuff and then paint. Thanks...

Question is, how do I remove the paint the right way and then I want to repaint the trim black so how do I know if the new paint will stick around for awhile. I have heard three different ways to remove the paint and three different ways to repaint...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom