Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parking brakes adjustments

manofsteel

For the life of me I can not figure out how to adjust the parking brakes pads. I know how to adjust the cable. I can not find the so called slot to stick the end of the screw driver to adjust. Any pics would help too.
Also can not figure what I am doing wrong to take the guage cluster bezel out. No screws left in and the 2 bottom nuts are out. This is all for a 1973 vette. Thank:rotfl

... can not figure what I am doing wrong to take the guage cluster bezel out. No screws left in and the 2 bottom nuts are out. This is all for a 1973 vette....

Check the right side of the stereo for a metal support connecting it to the tranny tunnel. Remove it if it's there. Cluster should then lift up a little and out at the top far enough to disconnect the oil pressure line from the back of the gauge.

I always remove the passenger's dash pad when working on the cluster. Seems to be easier to get to things with the pad out of the way.

:)

To adjust the parking brake shoes (not pads) remove the wheel. Look for two holes in the rotor 'hat' section. turn the the rotor until one of the two holes is at bottom dead center. The star wheel adjuster is directly inside the opening.

If someone has previously replaced the rotors and not correctly aligned the holes in the rotor with the wholes in the hub, the above will not work.

Make sure the cable is completely slack before you adjust the starwheels for the shoes, then adjust the cable last. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom