Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Part needed

• Thread starter Thread starter YESZREE
  • Start date Start date
Y

YESZREE

I am looking for any information or source where I can obtain a the air duct between the air filter housing and the throttle body inlet. The stock unit has a ribbed hard rubber construction. I would like a smooth bore type if there is such a thing or if not a stock one will be fine. I've checked the chevy dealer on this item and they say it was discontinued as of 5/02.

Thanks,ED

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center YESZREE!

Glad to have you with us. :upthumbs

I'm looking for the same thing for my '87, but I require a longer piece seeing as how I have removed my MAF sensor because it was no longer needed. If I come across anything for your LT-5 I will let you know. ;)

I replaced mine with one that Marc Coplan makes. It's a stock duct with a stainless steel sleeve inside, nice piece, works well and looks stock. I believe he will have more of them made up after the first of the year. I don't have his email address right now but I'm sure others will chime in. You might ask on the ZR-1 Net at www.zr1.net or the LT-5 Registry at www.lt5registry.net 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Ed, I would also go with the Coplon air duct. You really can't get a better deal anywhere. He charges $60 plus shipping and that includes a new accordian hose. I installed one right after I bought my Z and couldn't be happier. It has a stock look but the inside is smooth as silk :)

His email is mjcoplon@amp.com

Samco also makes a nice looking piece but it doesn't retain the stock appearance. You're also going to shell out around $150

Good luck!

Jay

YESZREE said:
I am looking for any information or source where I can obtain a the air duct between the air filter housing and the throttle body inlet. The stock unit has a ribbed hard rubber construction. I would like a smooth bore type if there is such a thing or if not a stock one will be fine. I've checked the chevy dealer on this item and they say it was discontinued as of 5/02.

Thanks,ED

I have a spare stock one if you need it. You can also purchase a reinforced one by Mark Coplon. I ordered the last one he had, but that was several weeks ago. He may have more in stock. If you're interested, let me know.

Part Found

Thanks to you all for the help. I was contacted by Mark Coplan and he is making me one as we speak. They are now 65 bucks. :upthumbs

Re: Part Found

YESZREE said:
Thanks to you all for the help. I was contacted by Mark Coplan and he is making me one as we speak. They are now 65 bucks. :upthumbs

I think they're worth it. I now have confidence that the air duct isn't collapsing on WOT.

Re: Part Found

YESZREE said:

Cool!:grinsanta

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom