Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Part number

• Thread starter Thread starter secondchance
  • Start date Start date
S

secondchance

Anyone have info on the part number for 1994 ZR-1, radiator? Midamerica catalog says its sane as the radiator for 94-96 LT1. True?

Thanks.

All 90-96 C4 manual radiators are the same. You can even use an automatic radiator if you can find one for a manual.

Aftermarket aluminum radiators, in many cases, do improve cooling.

The Fluidyne High-Performance radiator for late C4 is the best choice--of course, I'm biased as I developed that product for Fluidyne. It is a drop-in replacement for the stocker. If everything else in the cooling system is functioning properly, you will see up to a 10 deg. reduction in coolant temp with the Fuidyne.

Hi, Hib,
How does Fluidyne compare to Ron Davis unit?

Cooling-wise the Davis and the Fluidyne are comparable.

The Fluidyne is more durable though its "Nocolok" manufacturing process

The Fluidyne is easier to install. In almost all cases, it's a drop-in with the addition of some sponge-weatherstip seals along the side tanks.

Hib,
Could you explain "Nocolok" process? Also, I found a dealer in Sterling, VA. I presume they will install also?

secondchance said:
Hib,
Could you explain "Nocolok" process? Also, I found a dealer in Sterling, VA. I presume they will install also?

Nocolok is an aluminum, furnace brazing process. You can find out much about it by searching Google with keyword "Nocolok".

This process allows the joint between the core and the tanks to be leakproof as well as structurally sound. Radiators that are not made this way must have the joints between the core and tanks coated with epoxy or other similar type of sealant. Unfortuantely, that type of sealing will not remain leakproof as long as a Nocolok brazed joint.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom