Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Part time turn signal

R

roxeye1

Hey brothers & sisters, I've got a 2000 convertible vette. My turn signal is operating intermittently. It will work just fine for a short period then will suddenly stop and i get nothing. After driving around for awhile it will randomly start working again {for a short period only}. Now for the weird part - If i put my foot on the brake and manually toggle the turn signal lever up and down {for left & right}, the rear lights ONLY will flash in unison with this manual movement of the lever. I was told by part stores & by dealers that this vehicle doesn't have a stand-alone flasher. The only information i could get from them is that it MIGHT be incorporated into something else and to bring it in for analyses. And there's their expensive little secret i'm sure! ;help

Welcome to the CAC, Roxeye!

Take a look at this thread, and see if it helps with your turn signal issues:

CLICK!

:w
-Patrick

Welcome to the CAC, Roxeye!

Take a look at this thread, and see if it helps with your turn signal issues:

CLICK!

-Patrick
Hey Patrick, I tried to click onto the thread you offered and got no response. ;shrugThanks for the welcome and any alternative you may have to offer as a resolution to this problem.

That's odd- it opened right up for me when I clicked it.

Well do it without a hyperlink paste:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87919

If it still doesn't work for you, scroll up to the top of the screen. In the navigation bar, pull down the search window and type in "C5 turn signal." It should direct you to a page listing threads in which those words were used. About six threads down from the top, you should see a thread titled "Turn Signal Problems." Click that, and it should direct you to the thread. Hopefully, you'll find some solutions in common.

-Patrick

You need to replace the Hazard Flasher Switch located in the dash. I had the same problem and that resolved the problem.

You need to replace the Hazard Flasher Switch located in the dash. I had the same problem and that resolved the problem.
Thanks so much 66 - Now I have a weekend project. It's been driving me crazy!:beer

This site is just too good, I started having this problem with my 2000 vert just the other day and I was going to do a search to see if anyone else ever had this problem. Now, I don't have to search and I have my answer. Thanks, guys.

Mine was replaced by GMPP, I've heard some are successful using electrical contact cleaner on the switch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom