Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pellet resistance question

Gotta warn you, that if you try to take a peek at the backside of the fuse panel looking for something loose, its gonna be a challenge...Try to isolate the problem to that area before having to take a bunch of stuff apart there. Its crowded. Hopefully the starter enable relay will be the end of the troubles, and phobia that comes from never knowing if it'll start.

The dash pad has to come off, the lower dash panel, the breadloaf, and the dash mounts may have to be loosened on that end...Then whatever mounting screws that can be found for the fuse panel itself.
I did lots of looking thru the windshield at the wiring while trying to get fingers back there to work. You'll have to remove some airduct and other things to gain access because the harness has very little slack at that end and its almost impossible to pull the fuse panel with wire into a position where you can actually do something. I had a loose fuse for tail lites arc and burn the plastic mount for that fuse, so the fix involved finding that wire and rerouting it with some extra length so that an inline fuse could be installed to protect that circuit. That "new" fuse is now accessable below the dash panel. I've had a couple loose fuse issues but only had to replace that one because the mount was too burnt to hold the fuse connector tight. The arcing was at the wire to the connector socket where the wire had vibrated and broken all the strands that were crimped in.

Thanks. Yea, i'll leave that for a last resort. The car hasn't acted up since i cleaned the relay. It's a spring loaded swinging contact type relay. I was thinking of just locking the contact closed against the post, keeping the relay "live" all the time. Would be the same as jumping out the relay. I don't want to use the jumper wire because i'm not sure which wires to jump at the connector. I don't have a drawing of this exact relay.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom