Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Picked up a set of Gotti 3-piece split rim wheels.

JHL

Corvette
81 4 speed
I guy I know had them in his garage for a while with nothing to to put them on. I have to give him back the tyres and they need dismantled and cleaned up but I got them cheap. They are 9x15 fronts and 11x15 rears.

Looks like next project will be some rear bodywork. :L

Gotti.jpg

J.

Nice wheels John. I always liked the Gotti wheels.
Tom

I was orignally going to buy a set of billet 17" Centrelines but the more I looked at them the more I thought they didn`t suit the car, to much wheel not enough tyre and inho didn`t look right on on a C3.

I kind of like to have something more in keeping with the age of the car and these fit the bill perfectly. I will probably get the centers stripped and polished rather than painted.

J.

You're right John. They are period perfect for your car. They'll look great polished too.

Tom

Nice one John.:upthumbs What did the Guy have them on ?......Paul. By the way. Motors all up and running after rebuild. Apart from lumpy idle it runs swwweeeeetttttt !See Ya.

Good score John. I didn't know you were looking for wheels; I just bartered my Gotti's (16x9.5) in exchange for body and paint work with my bodyman. :eek:

_ken

Ken

I thought I saw Gotti wheels mentioned somewhere before. Were yours split rims, it will take a day to dismantle them for cleaning.

Paul, Mike

They are off an older 911 Turbo Porsche and they need some adaptors as they are a metric PCD but I can make them at work. Backspace on them is 130mm so with an inch thick adaptor they will be ok but I think the rear will need the wheel arches widened to cover them so at the end of the summer this will be the next project. Should look the part once it`s finished and I always liked the idea of a custom paint job.

BTW Paul, nice to hear you got the car going, you`ll get used to that idle :D

J.

JHL said:
Ken

I thought I saw Gotti wheels mentioned somewhere before. Were yours split rims, it will take a day to dismantle them for cleaning.

John, one of the reasons I went for another style rim was the fact that the Gotti's I had were three-piece wheels and, being the compulsive/obsessive person that I am, I could never get them clean enough to suit me. All of those little bolt heads would drive me crazy each time I cleaned them, and my fingers were never so sore. I will never buy three-piece wheels again. :eyerole

_ken

They were in an auction and that was what he paid including the tyres so if he can sell on the tyres that will be his profit and he will be a happy camper.

They look as if they would be expensive when new. Are Gotti still in business ??? it crossed my mind that it might be worth trying to get new centers with the correct bolt hole spacing but when I tried to find something on google all I got was stories about the Mafia - surely not the same guy.

J

The mob may have rubbed them out John. :L

When I bought mine in '95, I think there was a question of the company's future at that time. :eyerole

Good luck.

Those wheels are sweet, John! :eek I've seen many sets on Ebay from time to time, so I'll be very interested to see what they look like on your car. It looks like the "dish" is pretty deep, which I like alot! Too bad your car isn't black, as it would really look boss! :upthumbs

--Bullitt

Bullitt,

There is one guy who turns up now and again at the cruises with a really clean black 76 Vette and he has a huge set of Appliance slot mags on it, just like I think the splitrims will suit my car the polished slots look perfect on his.

My car has always been red which imho is the only colour for a Vette. I have had someone along to have a look to get an idea of how much it would be to have the wheel arches done and repainted. The boy brought his sketch pad with him at the last cruise night with a few ideas for something a bit different, it depends on how much creative accounting I can do to divert money into the slush fund as to what it will end up like.

J.

I am going to use the tyres that are on the car just now. It is the only thing that I am not happy about but I can`t get those sizes in a higher speed rating over here so I will make do with what I have.

At our yearly inspection they should check that the tyres are of the correct rating for the car but so far I havn`t had any problems getting it passed. That would be the main advantage of going for 17" wheels, then higher speed rated tyres would be no problem.

J.

speaking of wheels, maybe we both have some good news now. I just got a call from the Intro wheel dealer that the centers of my new rims have been finished and they are just waiting on the 12" hoop for the rear. I did some tire checking and found that the Perelli tire is a tad less expensive than the Michelin.

No doubt, wheels make a car. It is worth the time and money to get something you like, and something that makes the car look sweet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom