Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: pics of my finished 59 from australia

L

lou3606

:cool Hi guys I finaly finished my resto of my 59 and as promissed here is a couple of pics, you may remember me I am in Australia.
I would like to thank Tom for all his knowledge and help
What a job it took me about 8 months of 12 hrs a day 7 days a week, when I purchased it from KY it was a mess needed chassis work and everything else but it come out like new, and yes I kept all the original stuff for under the hood incase I get sick of 700HP can go back to 250HP

Nice Lou! What a beauty...

:thumb

attachment.php

What a great restoration!! I think you may need some wider rear rubber to keep your 700 horses on the ground. :thumb

Sweet!:beer:upthumbs:thumb:cool:w

I would tend to agree......MORE Pictures! Nice job.

700hp . . . 250hp . . . 700hp . . . 250hp . . . hummm . . . ;shrug

I think 700HP !!! :rotfl

What an awesome job! Love it!!! :thumb

Hecox

Very, very nice Lou. :w Power to spare. Everything looks great.

Very nice looking vette. Lots of work and it really looks good.:thumb:thumb:thumb I'm hoping that my 61 will look that good in near future.

I am so glad that you guys think is nice I was worried that I was going to get criticised for going away from original but I did keep all the original bits in case I decide to go back to original, but I dont think so I love it the way it is.
Thanks again for all your kind remarks Lou

Wow!

Don't know how you finished such a beautiful car in only 8 months. Looks terrific.

Gerry

Gerry thank you for that and yep 8 months with no sleep and lots of work and help from a good friend who had a quiet period with his work,
Lou

Very nice car . The engine does not sit too high either, it is a great fit
I imagine it is a SBC and see the MFI on the car. Have you driven it much with the MFI on the street?
I would like to know how you like it. I have a blown 525 in BBC that I am building and will go in my car one day. Carbs will make the engine quite high and an EFI system is out of my budget
I would love to hear more on your build and how you like it for driving around
Tom

Nice job! :drool: How did you get it all the way to Australia?

I spent the first 10 years of my childhood in Australlia...nothing but good times....as a kid.:D

Very nice car . The engine does not sit too high either, it is a great fit
I imagine it is a SBC and see the MFI on the car. Have you driven it much with the MFI on the street?
I would like to know how you like it. I have a blown 525 in BBC that I am building and will go in my car one day. Carbs will make the engine quite high and an EFI system is out of my budget
I would love to hear more on your build and how you like it for driving around
Tom

Hi Tom Thank you for nice comment
Yes it is a SBC 383 with all the goodies and I did sit the eng mounts as low as I could so it would not be too tall and it is made to look like injected alky but in fact I have designed a fuel rail and EFI injection inside the hat consealed all electonics and wires via braded lines etc. and are only using one buterfly the other two are blocked off on the inside and still works and looks normal, I did this so it can be driven with ease and low end throttle controll. It drives nice even my wife can drive it :) has power steer and Hydro brake booster it all works well.
Cheers Lou :thumb

Nice job! :drool: How did you get it all the way to Australia?

I spent the first 10 years of my childhood in Australlia...nothing but good times....as a kid.:D

Thanks
It only took 3-4 weeks in a ship container and $3300 plus 10% on total cost of car and freight for tax to get it here,
And yep I have had some good times in your country too been all over it and looking forward to coming back soon for a holiday
Lou

Hi Lou
I did not see any EFI rails at all, so you did a pretty good job of hiding them. Even the BDS EFI conversion has the fuel rails visible
Looks really trick with the hard lines for the injectors
I have an Enderle hat and know about blocking off the outside windows. Is this a kit or something you did yourself?
Very nice job
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom