Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Picture Thread) Show your C4 to the world!

One more try at posting pic.....My '94 LT1. Purchased back in August from the 2nd owner with just over 13,500 miles.

My second Vette

Actually my third, but now I have two!! Another 84 Crossfire, at, 117k, great drivetrain and int., but crappy paint. But hey, only $2400!!

Actually my third, but now I have two!! Another 84 Crossfire, at, 117k, great drivetrain and int., but crappy paint. But hey, only $2400!!

That's a good looking set of rims on it. :beer

That's why I bought the car! I am putting these on the white car and will sell the blue one.

Ok, Im in. My 95 Blown LT1 at the Local Bloomington Gold Vette Show last year. :cool

1996 Arctic White Corvette Coupe
Indianapolis Museum of Art -- The Lilly House
5/10/2009

z36.jpg

z40.jpg

z42.jpg

z43.jpg

z58.jpg

z59.jpg

z80.jpg

z83.jpg

Ok, Im in. My 95 Blown LT1 at the Local Bloomington Gold Vette Show last year. :cool

Nice!

1996 Arctic White Corvette Coupe
Indianapolis Museum of Art -- The Lilly House
5/10/2009

z36.jpg

Lobobuzz - that's one of the nicest photos of a white C4 that I've seen. :thumb

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center to you both!

:wJane Ann

wheels?

My new 96 Corvette

If you'll notice your wheels on the driver's side are different from each other. The one on the rear should be mounted on the passenger side. (It's probably the same on the other side too.)

Ive been wandering about that. Is that a problem or just a visual issue?

Is that a problem or just a visual issue?

I have been told that the swirls in the wheels enable air to help cool the brakes. Take that for what it is worth!

AFTER CHANGING OUT YOUR WHEELS, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

Mounted one way they suck air into the brakes, mounted the other way they suck air off of the brakes. Either way they are moving air over the brakes to cool them off. So I guess it becomes a visual issue and a "the way the factory meant it to be" issue.

Jim S. :w

I would be more concerned about the tires on the wheels being on the wrong side. The tires may be directional and if on the wrong side there may be issues with wear, traction, etc.

I would be more concerned about the tires on the wheels being on the wrong side. The tires may be directional and if on the wrong side there may be issues with wear, traction, etc.

You're right. That would be the real issue!

I was speaking with Gordon Killebrew several years ago and he told me the following. On the early C4s they had the swirls where the air was being blown out the wheel. This caused a problem with brake dust being on the wheel all the time. So, to rectify the situation, they reversed the swirls so the air would come from outside the wheel and then be blown over the brakes. Therefore, no brake dust accumulating on the wheels. Problem solved! :beer

AFTER CLEANING THE DUST OFF YOUR WHEELS, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom