Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Piston Rings__Another Lesson Learned The Hard Way

"kpic" gets the election-eve "Beacon of Reality" award.

Actually you received the award.. I merely noticed #6.. ;) As it is football season; Hib, that was a 2 point conversion.. :thumb

TBTR,
With cars and drag/street racing; I've been around a long time. Anyone who has ever bought a set of pistons and rings read what you just posted. All I can say to your last and any of your posts here is blah, blah, blah..

BTW, although this has been asked many times; just what school of engineering did you graduate from?

Upcoming Coast Trip

I'm planning on making a trip to the coast and back around the first of the year and that'll give me the chance to put about 400 miles on it in one day. And that trip will give me the chance to find out how much better my new Perfect Circle piston rings are. I'd be happy if it would go 1000 miles per quart once the new rings get fully broken in.

More Miles Coming Up

Next week I'll be able to add another 300+ miles to my new engine which will help to further break the new rings in. As most of my miles are local miles my oil barely reaches full operating temperature and not for very long.

1000 Miles Per Quart Of Oil?

If I can get 1000 miles per quart of oil I'll be happy. My newly repaired engine only has 425 miles on it so it's still breaking in.

Too Early To Tell

My rebuilt engine now has about 425 miles on it and it looks like it may get about 500-550 miles out of its first quart of oil. If I recall correctly it only went about 200 miles on its first quart with the old rings so although not great 500-550 miles is certainly a lot better. I'll know more as it gets driven more.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom