Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Platinum Plugs?

I agree.

1950Stingray,

That is one great looking predator you have, by the way.

Regards,
C5Phil

Yikes!!

There goes my platinum plug credibility. Sorry 1970Stingray.

Regards,
C5Phil

:eek
All I wanted to do is see what plugs are good/bad/indifferent

Just to confuse things a bit more,
Did anyone read Corvette Enthusiast Mag.
Seems they think the +4's will increase power???

Oh well, as long as it still runs I guess

I recently read Dr. Jacob's book on ignition, and C5Phil and DDL's are very much on the money except that Dr.Jacobs would tell us that "its not that simple."

What we need to keep in mind is that ignition of the fuel air mixture is not 100% guaranteed even on "F" Formula cars, so too much of a good thing is bad or works against the gains you have made, and one of the goals is to achieve an ignition system where the spark plug gap can be set at 0.10", for it would eliminate the time wasted by the fuel charge to propagate a flame between the regular gap dimension (i.e. 0.045") and the ideal gap of 0.10". This gap is optimal for the flame. So the research goes on... :beer

It makes sense...I got better performance from platinums (gas milage) on my Jeep Cherokee and that system is not probably top performance). I use Champion's in my Vette's Edlebrock heads for they are recommended for the Performer Heads, and yes I know that I can get the other brand substitute, but they seem to be working just fine... :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom