Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please Check this out, very concerned

Ripp 76 said:
Why do you say dump it wwr? What explanation can you give for your response? From what Alan just said it sounds like he found a good car that came from a very neat and picky person that took good care of the Corvette before him.
Or a FAT a$% that ran the Crap out of it!!Runner Up and Lay on the Brakes!!!!!!!!! I've seen some of these at the sale Before the Rotors and Seat Cushions have been fixed!!!!!!!:ugh :ugh

The seller is quite anal !!!!!!!!

In fact to a degree that you can really laugh. He wants me to look at it in his garage fully detailed and then take it to an indoor place where he wants me to hand wash it because he feels that's when you see everything.

He will not use a car cover because he feels that putting it on and taking it off could cause scratches. Thats true but so sick.

I also check out with my Chevrolet service advisor who happens to be in my Corvette Club about the warranty work and he said that most of it is mumbo jumbo and didn't want to go into it.

Also with the GMPP major guard zero deduct he will be able to do wonders.

Downside is that they presently only have one top mechanic that really knows vettes.

What's the worse thing that can happen is that l fix wht ever is wrong even if l have to pay out of my pocket.

I have owned vettes for over 35 years, by now l should know what l am doing.

Alan

ps I appreciate your honesty and opinion.

GMJunkie

That's very funny, this guy l am buying it from is the furthest thing from a speed freak but as far as the breaks is concerned, could be but it's only a set of brakes.

The vette is more then l need as far as condition and l hope l don't let it become a garage queen.

Alan

Finally give up !!!!!!!!!

Everybody stopped breaking my B____s.

Just wish me good luck, l'm flying out to Ohio next wednesday and taking an 8 hr drive back.

Alan

Sorry if you feel that we are beating you down Alan. That was not my intent at all. To me it sounds like you have gone about this entirely in the right format. Taken your time, gotten your questions answered, you are an informed buyer and that is the best you can do. If you don't mind me asking, where at in Ohio is the Corvette? Do you need someone to go take a look at it because I know there are a bunch of CAC members in Ohio that would be willing to help I am sure.

When you do get the Corvette though, be sure to take lots of pictures for us to drool over.

Good Luck, Alan.
I can tell this has really been on your mind lately. You're just doing the due diligence, and I'm sure you'll be rewarded with a great car.

Tammy

I love it, and not insulted.

I for one can dish it out and take it the same way. There is nothing that anybody can say that would ruffle my feathers.

I appreciate it but l really was able to document the entire car from day one.

Now until l get underneath it will l be 100% sure about being involved in a minor mishap.

As l mentioned it still has 14 months of GMPP major Guard zero deduct warranty. The mileage is right under 12,000 miles and it has only two flaws a stone chip on a headlight cover touched up and the drivers door bumper guard has a mar. That's it, no stone chips under the front nose and was only hand washed.

But seeing is believing by my beady little eyes.

And l realize that l can be had.

Alan

Also checked out Atlanta.

Being that l was stuck in Atlanta because of the snow l checked out the paper and saw nothing and what l saw were high mileage cars going for crazy price's.

That is the town to sell a fine vette.

Alphraetta, is where my son lives or something like that he just moved from Brookhaven.

Nice area but his house is too big for me and l have 5 bedrooms.

alan

kingman said:
GMJunkie

That's very funny, this guy l am buying it from is the furthest thing from a speed freak but as far as the breaks is concerned, could be but it's only a set of brakes.

The vette is more then l need as far as condition and l hope l don't let it become a garage queen.

Alan
Kingman, Sorry I'm a dealer and I have to expect the Worst from the buying Aspect!! My 03 28,800 Just had the seat track and 2nd Gear and synchronizer,It was allways hard to get it in gear cold!! But No breakes or seat cushions The guy probly had a good Dealer that took care of his customers!!!! And them are hard to find!!! Best of Luck with the car,I'm shure it will be a Great Car!!:upthumbs

A Dealer !!!!!!!!!

Do you go to the Manheim Auctions ?

I find the original one in Pa. to be the best because it's the nearest one. Now with the auctions going on line it's even better.

I passed two weeks ago on a millinium yellow one up in Mass at American also part of Manheim which is owned by Cox. I had a guy actually go out and take pictures and e-mailed them and his overall observation was that it had paintwork but it was good and the mags were scuffed. It was listed at 27,000 miles but after the auction it was listed as only 17,000 miles and it went off at $27200.

Still it was for my pleasure and l wanted a better example. My 96 went to a friend who is a dealer in Pa. for his wife. Paid me top dollar (auction wise) so l had it for 3 years and lost $800. But it was a solid machine and he knew it, he was waiting for the day that l decided to sell it.

I also hate tire kickers and would not let anybody test drive it so this was simple and painless.

Alan

I use Manheim 90% Adessa 6-7% and some Independent Auctions!! Statesville AA,Manheim AA Pa., Darlington,W.Palm Beach,Lakeland,Imperial Lakeland,Lauderdale Miami,Daytona Dealers Exchange,Texas HobbyAA,San AntonioAA, and 2 in Atlanta The only Online I do are GMAC Smart lease Vehicles!! Factory and Dealer Owned!! :upthumbs

You really travel !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to really cover a lot of ground, do you live in a mobilehome?

Thursdays and Fridays at Manheim, Pa. is enough.

Alan

kingman said:
You seem to really cover a lot of ground, do you live in a mobilehome?

Thursdays and Fridays at Manheim, Pa. is enough.

Alan
No!! But some weeks American Airlines is my home!!;LOL

The car was perfect !!!!!!!!!!

Hi

And it the ride home (450miles) was a pleasure. He gave me all of the papers from day one and the problem was that as anal as l am he won the Gold for sure.

It is a pristine vette with out a mark anywhere even under the front nose. The only thing that can tell it was driven was the odometer which read 11,500 miles.

Alan

Well I do not find the washing part being strange,

I wanted to wait for my car to be serviced and I insisted they don’t wash it.
Mine is usually very clean and it is maybe a 25 mile trip to take it in and I also ask that it not be washed, they can vacuum it if they wish and they usually do.

The no wash is not just becuase of the machine washing with the roller floppies, but the hidden water seepage. They wash it, I get on the highway and by the time I get home I have all kinds of dried water streaks, behind the wheels, drips on the doors from the mirrors, streaks blown back on the windshield etc.. In essence it is now dirtier then it was if they had just left it alone.

What’s that term, my 2¢

WCLAIM HISTORY
R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading
10/21/2005 562648 # B4260 - LOCK, FRONT DOOR - RIGHT - R&R OR REPLACE 11497 miles
Premature wear-out? Assembly issue? Cheap parts?

10/21/2005 562648 # Z7901 - 1-DAY COURTESY TRANSPORTATION 11497 miles
Loaner.

05/06/2005 547522 # C6871 - COVER AND/OR PAD, FRONT SEAT CUSHION - LEFT - R&R OR REPLA 9955 miles
04/14/2005 545391 # C6871 - COVER AND/OR PAD, FRONT SEAT CUSHION - LEFT - R&R OR REPLA 9795 miles
Looks like these two go together on the same side. Bad factory parts that had worn out early... rough on the interior?
07/01/2002 451073 # H0137 - ROTOR ASSEMBLY - REAR - BOTH - R&R OR REPLACE 1435 miles
07/01/2002 451073 G H0137 - ROTOR ASSEMBLY - REAR - BOTH - R&R OR REPLACE 0 miles
04/14/2005 545391 # H0130 - ROTOR ASSEMBLY - REAR - RIGHT - R&R OR REPLACE 9795 miles
10/08/2004 528476 # H0127 - ROTOR ASSEMBLY - FRONT - BOTH - R&R OR REPLACE 8818 miles
10/08/2004 528476 # H0137 - ROTOR ASSEMBLY - REAR - BOTH - R&R OR REPLACE 8818 miles
Same parts, same sides. Assembly issue? Maybe owner's actions contributed to the premature failure. Either way... that guy was he** on his brakes! These repairs are the ones that alarm me- they are happening way too often! Just keep an eye on these!

11/18/2004 532334 # L2300 - CONVERTER, OXIDATION CATALYTIC - REPLACE 9114 miles
Hit something? Wrong gas additive?

11/18/2004 532334 # Z5001 - VIP FREIGHT/POSTAGE REIMBURESEMENT 9114 miles

10/08/2004 528476 # C6041 - ADJUSTER ASSEMBLY, FRONT SEAT POWER - BUCKET SEAT - DRIVER 8818 miles
10/08/2004 528476 # C7051 - COVER AND/OR PAD, FRONT SEAT BACK CUSHION - LEFT - R&R OR 8818 miles
Looks like these two go together on the same side. Bad factory parts that had worn out early...11/27/2001 A14617 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 miles
Please- don't worry about this one!

Just my read on the car. I think you are okay though. GOOD LUCK!!!

I have all the documentation.

Hi

The listed items sound a lot different then what actually was the problem.

The owner and his family are big buyers in his town and what ever he asks for he gets. He knows them all for 30 yrs.

While l really don't have the time until later to go into every one of them the one l didn't address before was the cat converter.
On the dealers invoice it was noted customer complained about rattles like bee bee's coming from converter. Keep in mind that the owner was in the car business (repairs) for over 32 yrs. (now retired). They just replaced it.

Alan

C5 Rotors suck. I already had to replace my fronts and now my rears need to be replaced. The car sat for a few years thats probably why but still it should not make any difference.

Hi

The rotors were changed 2000 miles ago and they feel fine. The orig owners problem was that he never drove it.

That's why a garage queen has it's own problems

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom