Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please DON'T laugh!

smook

Corvette
07 c6z RFE, 04 c5z CE
Well,

I've had my new 2002, z06 yellow vette for about 3 days.

I've taken it on the hiway... and gone 188+.
Very impressive.

But wait... there's more...

I never knew that it had a 6th gear!?!?!?!

Well... Let me tell you... I put it in 6th this very night.
Now I can tell you why everyone has a BIG smile on their face if they own a z06!!

Yum, yum! This car tastes even better now.

-Bill

..hey, I hear you laughing.... argh! I didn't know.;worship

188 kilometers-per-hour I presume. If it was in miles-per-hour, then sixth gear must seem like it's loafing now, eh? :L

We're always learning something new. ;)

_ken :w

188 km/hr = 116.82320 mi/hr
So... was it km/hr or miles? either way.... its fast!

Regarding the 6th gear: when mine was new I was cruising along for a while in 5th gear going about 65 or 70 mph or so, when I noticed a blue message scrolling across the HUD.... "Check Gauges". This apparently was my clue it was time to shift to 6th. I, too, had forgotten there was a 6th!

MrsSchroder said:
188 km/hr = 116.82320 mi/hr
So... was it km/hr or miles? either way.... its fast!

Yup! 188km (Canada, eh!)

Boy, I LOVE THIS CAR!

FUN FUN FUN.

btw If you go over by 50km any posted speed limit you lose your driver's licence for 1 year in Canada. Our expressways are 100km.

Short story, ..the salesman at the dealership told me to buy the 2003 'vert, auto. He said that he'll save me alot of speeding tickets. I understand now. But still happy I chose the Z06!!

-Bill.

MrsSchroder said:
are radar detectors legal there?

No way! Big no no! :nono

More tickets.... if caught.

... Must be careful here!

smook said:
No way! Big no no! :nono

More tickets.... if caught.

... Must be careful here!

They are not legal in the state of Virginia either.:gap

Hmmm.. wonder what 174mph translate to in km/hr?
:D :Steer

CKA_Racing said:

Hmmm.. wonder what 174mph translate to in km/hr?
:D :Steer

o-my!

MPH multiplied by 1.609344 = km/hr
km/hr divided by 1.609344 = MPH

so 174* 1.60934 = 280km !!!!

o-my-gosh!

I believe my dashboard speedo on my Z06 in Canada tops at 300km !!!!!

Bill.

You going to the moon soon ?

:eek

Bill,

Congratulations! I'm bringing my own Vette into the dealer this weekend to have them check on a front-end vibration. I plan on drooling all over the Z06s in the lot.

With any luck, I'll get a salesman to take me for a ride - one that's a little bit longer than going on a short backroad behind the dealership! :D

Be careful Rob!! Wouldn't want you to wind up leaving the dealership with a 2003 ZO6, would we?!!;LOL ;LOL

Ctfoodguy2000 said:
Be careful Rob!! Wouldn't want you to wind up leaving the dealership with a 2003 ZO6, would we?!!;LOL ;LOL
Unfortunately, I don't think my bank account will allow it. :(

Bill welcome abourd and be carefull.I have a o2 convert and it real dangerous how quick these cars get into the tripple digits.I alway use my cruise control to stay at the proper speed limit the car is so smooth you dont realize your way up over the limit.You also run out of road real quick at speeds.Ill never admit how fast I have gone in my car

I hate to break your bubble Smook but your ZO6 will reach it's top speed in fifth gear. Sixth gear is overdrive and unless you have opted for a much deeper gear or have added an additional 100+ horsepower, max speed will be had in fifth only. Your ZO6 is still damned fast and can be counted on for 152-154 MPH in one mile.

Joe Shown
1990 415 ZR-1
1991 ZR-1 # 1009:Steer :Steer

That's ok!...

Joe Shown said:
I hate to break your bubble Smook but your ZO6 will reach it's top speed in fifth gear.

No bubble burst here!

Just learning the ropes...

6th gear does seem like it can bring me more top speed.
But, I'm not into trying that right now.

We have snow on the ground again here in Toronto, Canada.

Mother Natures, April Fool's joke, I guess!

-Bill.

cheers!

Nice ride and quick but a license-eater! I like to use most of my power to pass trucks and chirp out a bit around town. I think Corvette is still the number 1 fatality car in the world. A wipe at the rated 160MPH my car is good for and they would have to identify me by my shoes. Daryllawman has point. Bunch of guys in the bay rent part of the airstrip for high-speed fun. You can chirp it around Wasaga a bit, even the PO-lice know what kind of cash this event brings to town. See you there!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom