Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please post pics of your 08 or 09 Callaway

agentf1

I have been on the fence about getting a Callaway or a Z06 when the time comes to make a move. Please post pics of your Callaways to help me make my decision.

If we can post your thoughts on the difference between the two without turning it into a pissing match please do.

I am kinda leaning towards the Z06 right now only because I like the flared fenders and fender/hood scoops better (beter asthetics) but then the Callaway comes in a convertible and even the coupe has a top that comes off and needless to say has 75 more hp. Obviously you can see why this is such a difficult decision.

six-tenths of a second quicker in the 1/4 mile than the C6 Z06 Motorweek tested, here is a third-party review :cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFUX65JJ_c

Pic:

file.php

What and when? Worth waiting for?

There's always something new down the road. Bigger, badder, maybe even faster... :cool

The latest news, when it becomes available, is always seen first at the CallawayOwnersGroup.com website :thumb

Are you looking for a coupe or a convertible? :w

There's always something new down the road. Bigger, badder, maybe even faster... :cool

The latest news, when it becomes available, is always seen first at the CallawayOwnersGroup.com website :thumb

Are you looking for a coupe or a convertible? :w

Not 100% sure, probably a convertible if it is in the finances.

Your closest Callaway dealer is Tom Oates

Callaway Corvette Authorized Dealers

Oates has an unsold Black/ebony&Titanium 2LT, manual, Z51, Convertible in Old Lyme at Callaway awaiting its build.

...just an FYI - I hope this helps :beer
Thanks, probably the color I would get if I went with a Callaway also, although I think I would get the 4lt interior option or whatever the equivalent of the 3lz on the Z06 is.

I wonder what they would let it go for? I do have a GMS# for the car. I guess whatever GMS plus 18.5 or whatever the Callaway package cost. Tempting.

Thanks, probably the color I would get if I went with a Callaway also, although I think I would get the 4lt interior option or whatever the equivalent of the 3lz on the Z06 is.

I wonder what they would let it go for? I do have a GMS# for the car. I guess whatever GMS plus 18.5 or whatever the Callaway package cost. Tempting.

There is only one way to kill the curiosity... Call Tom O. and ask...

610 827 7400

I have only seen 2 Callaways with 4LT.:cool Last I checked with the west coast shop, they did have a dash cap and door panels from a 4LT car. Maybe that is something that could be added to the black car in CT ;shrug

I hope this helps :beer

p.s. The black car would look HOT with the new Callaway wheels in Hyper-black. They would be the same as the wheels in the pic of the red car above - only a bit darker :cool

*edit: 4LT interior was sold...

Also,

There are only 6 Corvette convertibles in black w/ 4LT on the ground right now, nationwide. One is a manual trans, the rest are automatics. The Callaway dealer in Cary, NC (Hendrick) has an auto 4LT. It has not been converted yet. But could...

Again, I hope this helps :beer

:cool Thanks. :thumb :beer

I have been on the fence about getting a Callaway or a Z06 when the time comes to make a move. Please post pics of your Callaways to help me make my decision.

If we can post your thoughts on the difference between the two without turning it into a pissing match please do.

I am kinda leaning towards the Z06 right now only because I like the flared fenders and fender/hood scoops better (beter asthetics) but then the Callaway comes in a convertible and even the coupe has a top that comes off and needless to say has 75 more hp. Obviously you can see why this is such a difficult decision.
To chime in: I've considered the same (z06 new-or-used vs Callaway), along with whether it would be a better choice to spend a bit more and try to find a very low mileage 2008 Viper which has 600 hp. I have a 2007 c6 3LT manual-6, so I would be doing a trade-in if I don't do a Callaway package.

One of my main considerations is the WARRANTY factor. Callaway's is 3/36 right? (because I would void the 5/100 warranty on my c6 when/if the Callaway package is added and switch over to a 3/36 warranty). For me, I drive about 18K miles per year, so that ends up being a 2 year warranty. I'm also curious about which corporation the Callaway warranty is covered by. I've seen some used z06's with less than 5K miles for just under $50K. That's a decent buy, and of course I would get the remainder of the 5/100 z06 warranty. So, on a related note, I'm wondering how well the Callaway package holds up over, say for example 5 years or 100K miles of driving (I do zip around a bit, but I don't race my vehicle and am not at all overly harsh on how I drive it). And...what is the durability of the c6 Callaway packages that have been done since 2006? Basically, there should be at least 3 years of them out in circulation, so how well are they holding up over time and mileage for the average user? Have you heard any troublesome reliability issues stories?Another consideration of mine is whether to find a new 2008 which is deeply discounted by now, trade in my 2007, and just get the cheapest Callaway install I can get added to that rather than getting it installed to my 2007.

Whadya think??

Interesting questions, OctoDiddy. I was unaware that the Callaway conversion voids the 5/100 warranty while offering only a 3/36 warranty.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in with an answer to your questions, or you may try putting a call in to one of the dealers mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

BTW... welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
:wJane Ann

To chime in: I've considered the same (z06 new-or-used vs Callaway), along with whether it would be a better choice to spend a bit more and try to find a very low mileage 2008 Viper which has 600 hp. I have a 2007 c6 3LT manual-6, so I would be doing a trade-in if I don't do a Callaway package.

One of my main considerations is the WARRANTY factor. Callaway's is 3/36 right? (because I would void the 5/100 warranty on my c6 when/if the Callaway package is added and switch over to a 3/36 warranty). For me, I drive about 18K miles per year, so that ends up being a 2 year warranty. I'm also curious about which corporation the Callaway warranty is covered by. I've seen some used z06's with less than 5K miles for just under $50K. That's a decent buy, and of course I would get the remainder of the 5/100 z06 warranty. So, on a related note, I'm wondering how well the Callaway package holds up over, say for example 5 years or 100K miles of driving (I do zip around a bit, but I don't race my vehicle and am not at all overly harsh on how I drive it). And...what is the durability of the c6 Callaway packages that have been done since 2006? Basically, there should be at least 3 years of them out in circulation, so how well are they holding up over time and mileage for the average user? Have you heard any troublesome reliability issues stories?Another consideration of mine is whether to find a new 2008 which is deeply discounted by now, trade in my 2007, and just get the cheapest Callaway install I can get added to that rather than getting it installed to my 2007.

Whadya think??

The Callaway Warranty is on the Powertrain and covers anything affected by the Callaway Conversion for a period of 3/36. There is an optional 5/100 extension on the horizon.

There has not been any real warranty incident rate to speak of. Only a few minor details have been reported, as far as I know of.

I have 63,000 miles on a 2008 Callaway that has been drag raced, road raced, autocrossed, etc. While driven rigorously, I follow the GM Maintenance schedule and have not had any issues w/ the Callaway components. I hope this helps :cool

As always, more info can be found on Callaway Corvettes at: The Callaway Owners Group :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom