Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

POLL: C1 - keep or remove the RED reflectors?

Keep RED reflectors OR remove RED reflectors

• KEEP the RED reflectors

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • REMOVE the RED reflectors

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
On the rear of the C1's between the taillight and the bumper is a RED reflector. Most of you know I am building a resto-rod....for the most part the outside of the car is STOCK, under the hood is a different story.
The question is keep the red reflector or get rid of it!

IMG_2039s-vi.jpg

Please VOTE

Anything you can do to keep your car visible to Q-Tips (those who can't see very much past the steering wheel of their rolling living rooms) I would vote for!

The exhaust's are coming out just in front of the rear wheels, so I am planning on putting some type of light or reflector in the bumper opening where the xhaust used to come out......just some more of my crazy thoughts.......

If you're wanting to keep a stock appearance, the reflectors add to that image. If you're less concerned about stock appearance, smooth 'em over.

-Mac

If you're wanting to keep a stock appearance, the reflectors add to that image. If you're less concerned about stock appearance, smooth 'em over.

-Mac

I agree with Mac, although keeping them will make you more visible.

Mac,

I love your Avatar, if you wish, I can send you a copy of mine, as it appears without the disturbing white background. :D Just e-me

Stepinwolf

I vote no reflectors...especially if you have them in the exhaust outlets. Might get a little busy...

Also the non-stock tires and wheels will surely disprove any notions of it being a stocker...the stock feflectors would be a moot point already it seems to me. Clean and simple is sometimes a good thing.

Just my 2 cents...really either will be fine, go with what pleases you..

Stan

Mac,

I love your Avatar, if you wish, I can send you a copy of mine, as it appears without the disturbing white background. :D Just e-me

Stepinwolf
Thanks you, kind sir! :)

-Mac

I vote no reflectors...especially if you have them in the exhaust outlets. Might get a little busy...

Also the non-stock tires and wheels will surely disprove any notions of it being a stocker...the stock feflectors would be a moot point already it seems to me. Clean and simple is sometimes a good thing.

Just my 2 cents...really either will be fine, go with what pleases you..

Stan
I agree with Stan, might get a little busy.

anyone else?????

57blue68sm.jpg

Here's a photo of my 57's younger days (the "Blue Period" - circa 68-69). I can't make out exactly what's in the exhaust outlet but it could be a backup lamp. I do know that the exhaust was changed to a 61-2 style very shortly after the car was new - the original owner took his mother for a ride and she said "I don't like the way it sounds; fix it or get rid of it!" He fixed it - and that's why the exhaust chrome is still original to this day!

To stay legal - you can attach your license plate with reflectors. If you intend to drive a lot, and especially at night, you may want to consider corner reflectors of some sort, in the unlikely event that the car has to be left parked at the side of the road in the dark. If I didn't have that worry, my 66 would have different tail lamp lenses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom