Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poll: Who Did You Buy Your current C3 From?

Where Did you Get Your Current C3 From?

• Took NEW delivery at Chevy Dealer (anybody?)

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Local car dealer

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Out of town dealer

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Local classified ad--from individual

Votes: 113 28.8%
  • EBAY

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • From Friend/Relative/Neighbor

Votes: 74 18.9%
  • Spotted it for sale on the side of the road

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • I'm lucky, somebody just gave me mine

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
I voted from a local individual, but that's not exactly accurate. I found it on collectorcartraderonline.com. It was 1.5 hours from me and I took someone who knew what they were looking at when I went for the first look. That person is supposed to tell you about a bad deal, I think I might be the first person to be talked into a good deal that I would have passed on without his help.

Bought Mine

After looking locally, online, newspapers, dealers, and ebay, I found the Vette I wanted at about the price I wanted from www.buyavette.net.

All things considered, I hadn't driven a Corvette in nearly 25 years and preferred an actual dealer for my first return to Vette-land presuming I have some recourse if the car turns out to be a dog.

There were a few speed bumps along the way, but frankly, the dealer stood by their word and agreements when the problems arose.

I think the only thing that I would do differently would be to go inspect the car myself in person, and then give it a drive home shake-down cruise.

My Vette

Bought mine from a freind of my cousin, who told me about it. Needed alot of cleaning and a little work but a good deal.

corvette purchase

found mine 1971 on usedcorvettes forsale.com Car was in south carolina at a private dealer. Very original 4sp air roadster, all # matching. All systems working 54K documented miles ,protecto plate, owners manual etc. Clock, am fm orig stereo, tach, windshield washer system, factory alarm all working. 3 original t3 head lights still in the car. Had 4 but one burnt out.

i found my '78 Pace also @ usedcorvettesforsale.com. i bought the car last May from an individual close to St. Louis. it had 19,747 miles when i got it.

Bought my '81 off Ebay in Oct. '03. Being an honest person, I tend to trust people and based on the description in the Ebay ad, I bought it sight unseen. I'm still an honest person, but I'll never purchase another vehicle without checking it out first. I had it shipped from Southern California to North Louisiana and when it arrived, it was nowhere close to being the "pampered", "well maintained" Vette I was told to expect. I had to replace the power steering pump and hoses, tires, brakes, gas tank, and carb just to get it driveable. The interior photos taken for Ebay were cropped just right. They didn't show the holes in the seats. New seats and foam last year. A/C had to be repaired. The exterior was good! It has obviously never been hit and the original paint is very presentable. This year, I had the original motor rebuilt. Anyway, three years and many, many dollars later...I have a pretty good ride! It now is in the condition it was supposed to be when I bought it! The Ebay seller was no help, and apparently had sold several other misrepresented vehicles after my purchase and was eventually suspended from the site. Ebay "protection" service is useless. Lesson learned....

Bought my '81 off Ebay in Oct. '03. Being an honest person, I tend to trust people and based on the description in the Ebay ad, I bought it sight unseen. I'm still an honest person, but I'll never purchase another vehicle without checking it out first. I had it shipped from Southern California to North Louisiana and when it arrived, it was nowhere close to being the "pampered", "well maintained" Vette I was told to expect. I had to replace the power steering pump and hoses, tires, brakes, gas tank, and carb just to get it driveable. The interior photos taken for Ebay were cropped just right. They didn't show the holes in the seats. New seats and foam last year. A/C had to be repaired. The exterior was good! It has obviously never been hit and the original paint is very presentable. This year, I had the original motor rebuilt. Anyway, three years and many, many dollars later...I have a pretty good ride! It now is in the condition it was supposed to be when I bought it! The Ebay seller was no help, and apparently had sold several other misrepresented vehicles after my purchase and was eventually suspended from the site. Ebay "protection" service is useless. Lesson learned....
Really sorry to hear your bad experience. People like that need to get a "visit" in the middle of a very dark night and experience some Bayou justice. I have talked to other people who purchased cars on ebay and got screwed. You are right, ebay protection is worthless. Like any capital enterprise they only care about their bottom line. They will take no responsibility for fraud. I hope you posted your experience on CAC. The more the word gets out about ebay the better. Loosing the use of ebay to sell is a joke. Change your IP and name and you are in business again.

I bought mine back in 1982 from the original owner with 29,000+ original miles. I looked for 2 years before purchasing and drove many cars. I was really looking for a big block early C3 car that was in my price range but didn’t find what I was looking for. I am very happy with my 1977 and although it isn’t a going to win many drag races it is the tightest Corvette and nicest riding C3 I have ever been in.
Brian

I was lucky, I originally saw the ad on ebay, contacted the seller, it wasn't to far from home, saw it and bought it at a great price, previous owner had to let it go. I love it 1979 with 30,000 documented miles and one of 6,000 with the pace car spoiler option, all original and in great condition!

After looking locally, online, newspapers, dealers, and ebay, I found the Vette I wanted at about the price I wanted from www.buyavette.net.

All things considered, I hadn't driven a Corvette in nearly 25 years and preferred an actual dealer for my first return to Vette-land presuming I have some recourse if the car turns out to be a dog.

There were a few speed bumps along the way, but frankly, the dealer stood by their word and agreements when the problems arose.

I think the only thing that I would do differently would be to go inspect the car myself in person, and then give it a drive home shake-down cruise.

I saw mine at a car show. Its a weekly car show - every summer Saturday afternoon about a block from my house. I went, and now go to show the car, but I never saw my '79 (or any other vette for sale before). One day (October 18, 2005) I saw 3 vettes- a 71 bb NICE, but I couldnt afford it, an 80 that I liked (but was 15000 I couldnt afford it). Then In a corner I saw a '79 for 8500, fell in love with it , drove it the next day, then bought it. Since then Ive tuned up the engine... alot, brand new 700r4 trans, and custom paint is on the way!

Bluedog20175- is that picture taken at Jenros Saturday Night fever? looks just like the buildings around the show.
zachh

My silver 1980 came out of a barn in Indiana. It needs some work here and there, but it is completely original right down to the vacuum hoses.

Mine came friend,sorta a barn find.he asked me at work if I would intersted in a bb 69 vette

I bought it new in 1977 for a little over $10,000
4 speed L48 with convience group, t/t wheel,
Power steering, power-brakes, am/fm stero radio,
luggage rack with roof carrier.

The 74 convertable came from a private owner . The The 81 came from my son when we traded . He got the 69 that also came from a private owner and i got the 81 that he restored. My son is now going to restore the 69 coupe.
81Dave_01.jpg

ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVE-2.jpg

INSIDEVET6TH.jpg
:w

71 Coupe

I bought my only Corvette, one day in March of 1971, from Neel Chevrolet in Eldersburg Maryland. Saw it, liked it, traded my 68 GTO and $95 per month for it, on my lunch hour. Next to my wife, it's given me the most pleasure. Both are still 'keepers'!
Alan

Found mine in a magazine. Drove from toms river NJ to cherry valley Ill. Loaded it on the trailer and drove back non-stop..Didn't even take it for a test drive too much snow.Had a snow storm follow me all the way back to NJ.Spent 40 hrs in a pickup with the wife.ouch:beer

found mine on ebay. 1979 BLACK L48. it was a local seller that didnt want to ship. the car didnt hit its reserve so i met up with the gentleman and bought it for 500 under my final bid. the best part was that i wasnt the high bidder.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom