Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poll: Who Did You Buy Your current C3 From?

Where Did you Get Your Current C3 From?

• Took NEW delivery at Chevy Dealer (anybody?)

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Local car dealer

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Out of town dealer

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Local classified ad--from individual

Votes: 113 28.8%
  • EBAY

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • From Friend/Relative/Neighbor

Votes: 74 18.9%
  • Spotted it for sale on the side of the road

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • I'm lucky, somebody just gave me mine

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
Bought my from my neighbor. He had 3 ('69, '79, & '01) and wouldn't part with the '69 or '01.

Bought on Ebay

Bought our CE on Ebay for my wife on our 20yr aniversary. Car was mostly as represented. But After I had it a few days, noticed a few things. If I had to do it again. . . Ebay is Okay but I'd make sure to go and pick the car Up. I had mine delivered and all the Delivery Guy wanted to do is "Drop & Run". Becuase of the rush I missed a few things. Didn't really get the chance to "Barter" or "walk"

Now two years later I have put as much into the car as I did to buy it.

But it is one Hell of a sweet one of a kind ride!

Gerry:thumb

I bought my 78 Pace Car from Ebay. It was everything the seller said it was. Plus, he gave me a bunch of vette stuff to go along with it. I have heard some bad stories about Ebay purchases, I guess I just got lucky with a good seller.

Ordered it from Berzels Chevrolet in Castkill NY in 1969. Was delivered in November 69

I purchased my 1973 on 3/7/73 from Matt Slap Chevrolet, Academy & Grant Avenues, Philadelphia PA. The wheels came through the Bryner Chevrolet Parts Department, Jenkintown PA.

ebay*** Found out it was at a little dealer about an hour away in Richmond, Indiana. Went to look at it and ended up with the winning bid that night. :)They had bought it a couple of weeks earlier from a guy in Michigan who was the original owner.:thumb
We got real lucky on this one. :) :w

I bought mine from our own country and it was the last possible choice from here until I would have had to look from USA. In fact, there were just three C3's for sale here and the first two I looked at were not in a very good state. I'm glad I ended up with this one because the price was almost equal with the others (the owner decreased the price a lot since he first put it up for sale). It's a very nice driver, fine paint (some problems here and there), restored interior (still needs a little bit of improvement), numbers matching engine and transmission, just some surface rust can be found under the car and on the body mounts. Birdcage around the front window is nearly clean, but over the seats and behind them is fully clean.

By now I've fixed the interior lighting by installing new headlight switch, new speedo/tach printed circuit and some bulbs. I also replaced the slightly cracked speedo/tach lens with a brand new one. Before the summer I need to fix the speedo (gauge works, drive or driven gear in tranny probably broken), tighten the handbrake, buy new floormats, fix some smaller stuff and hopefully off I go :D

Inherited ours from father in law when he passed away. Very tired looking car but we've been getting things right and just ordered a new interior for it (got enough restoration shop business cards at the cruise-ins that we got the hint)

First Corvette

I bought mine at the Corvette Expo in Sevierville, Tn in 07. Lots of Corvette folks to ask questions to and I got alot of great answers. My wife and I decided on our first Vette.. a 1980. Complete with new paint, interior and new tires. It needed a tune up and a few general things but nothing to impact my economic stature. I highly suggest for your first Vette something simply and something that does not need alot of work. It is a lot "funner" that way. We joined the East Tennessee Corvette Club and have been going to cruise-ins and meeting Vette folks everywhere. We are now looking at getting our second Vette, something along the lines of 57' to 62'. If you are looking for your first Vette..do your homework!!!

Have Fun!!

who i bought my vette from

I bought all three vettes on ebay, an 82, 85,and 89. Still have the 82 and 89.

Corvette

In the fall of 1975 I ordered a new corvette. Insurance was too high so I did't buy the vette. I found the car sitting under a tarp on a side road near where I live. It was the same car right down to the trailer hitch the origional owner put on it. Ownership never left the county I reside in. I have the file from the dealership where it was sold including the cancelled check the dealer used to purchase the car from GM.

I found my '80 L82 on ebay and didn't have any problems. It was in La Crosse, WI at an exotic car dealership. It was an original one owner with all the factory paperwork, maintenance records, 21,750mi., AND the dealership gave me the number of the first owner so I could contact him with questions. I did and as soon as I finished talking with him I made an offer on the car....now it's mine at a very decent price! The worst part of the whole deal was finding a shipper and I did a lot of homework on that one. I booked with a carrier on a Monday and had it in Ardmore, OK on Friday, exactly one week after saying 'sold'. The Vette was dirty but safe and sound on delivery. It's beautiful, tight, and runs like I hoped it would. I found my husbands C-6 on ebay too but I flew to Louisville, KY to check it out and drive it before closing the deal and driving it home.

Ordered it from a broker and about two months later (April 17, 1973), picked it up at Phalen's Chev. in Atchison, KS.

Bought my 79 T off of ebay and picked it up in CT almost 2 weeks ago and still working on getting it registered! VIN on the paperwork didn't match what was on the car. Even the latest documents, from the previous owner, supposedly from the CT DMV didn't have the right number. The S for place of manufacture was written as a 5. Easy mistake to make but surprising that it wasn't caught earlier. I have waited 55 years to drive a Corvette and now it is sitting in my driveway and I can't drive it. Did drive it 2 hours home on a dealer plate but that was just a tease.
My agent is going to the RMV today with the latest paperwork and will hopefully get it on the road!

My Vette came from a small outfit "Autosport". I burned the phones up calling and talking with Tim about the car. The closer was being able to talk to the original owner though. I've never closed a deal on ebay without seeing the car first until I bought this Vette - I wasn't dissapointed. Hate the VIN issues you're having, be sure your insurer gets the # right too.

I bought mine from "Buba" and have been spending $$$$ ever since. lol

Seriously, I love it!

:cool

Bought my latest for the Honda dealer!!

tcxd40

RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME

BOUGHT OUR 82CE FROM A BROKER WHO WAS DRIVING IT ONTO A CAR DEALER'S LOT....INTERCEPTED HIM AND STRUCK UP A GREAT DEAL. PREVIOUS OWNER WAS GOING THRU A MESSY DIVORCE, WIFE TOOK HIS BUSINESS, HIS HOUSE, HIS MONEY, BUT HE WAS SMART HE HID THE CAR IN A WAREHOUSE FOR OVER 3 YEARS, BUT SHE FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH HIM, SO HE SOLD IT TO A BROKER......AND HERE THE BABY HAS BEEN ALL MINE FOR THE PAST 19 YEARS.....WE MET THE POOR GUY JUST AFTER WE BOUGHT IT AND HE TOLD US HIS SAD STORY, HE ALMOST CRIED WHEN HE SAW THE CAR, NOW IN ALL FAIRNESS, WE ALL KNOW
"GIRLS RULE, AND BOYS DROOL":chuckle BUT I STILL FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY, HIS WIFE SHOULDNA' DONE HIM THAT WRONG..........BUT THEN AGAIN I GUESS I WOULDN'T HAVE ENDED UP BEING A HAPPY GAL.
WHAT IS MEANT TO BE WILL BE............A HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING!:dance

Cob webs under the wheels...and an oil drip leak

Bought my 81 from a guy who sold it because of the OIL DRIP... 'there he said...at the bottom of the oil pan drain nut, it is going to drip on my ceramic tile floor!'. I bought it with 39K original miles, unrestored king of the road...as my license frame says... FIBERGLASS Rules the Road!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom