Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

poor running 84

thanks too bill, what about the original wire plugs, do they go right into
the pioneer or do you have to splice new plugs into existing wiring
john

BILL,
thats what i figured, well i got it running good anyway, oh, by the way
whats the best way to get to the power antenna, mine is on the rear deck, drivers side--------------------john

Pioneer DEH-P47DH and 77DH are direct bolt ins. However because you have the bose you will need to replace the speakers as Bose stereo has the amps on the speakers. I didn't bother with the door speakers. I used 6x9's in the back and 4x6's in the dash.

I also added 6x9s in the rear and the 4x6s in the front and a set of those little tweeters, the little round ones and they fit perfect between the dash and the windshield in the very front corners(no cutting neccessary). I also put a sub woofer box in the back compartment with two 10's in it. Along with a pioneer CD player. The C4 is such a small space inside that it doesn't take much to make them sound good.

BILL,
thats what i figured, well i got it running good anyway, oh, by the way
whats the best way to get to the power antenna, mine is on the rear deck, drivers side--------------------john

Try pulling drivers side tire and inner wheel well.

John,

You have one beautiful Vette. In all my years, I have never seen one like yours. Are there any others out there that you know of?

Congratulations on getting your Vette running. I just read through the entire thread. What a journey you have been on.

I think Pete said in one of his earlier posts: Air, spark, fuel. Have to have all three of them. Any one missing and ......................!

I just read recently about the upgrade to the '85 fuel pump. Nice to know you were able to do that.

Enjoy your Vette!

SAVE THE :w

thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated, it seems i started a small book on this site, however its good to know that other people can also
benefit from all the feedback if they have a problem. i think anyone who goes through the whole story, as you did can benefit from it
thanks again------john

Sometimes there are posts that just make you want to tear your hair out. This was one of them....
I know I had to sleep on it a few times before I could rationally reason out a plan of attack for some of the strange things that happened on this one.
It all started with replacing the knock sensor wire and quickly plummetted into the abyss of problems that you had here.
Any post that goes beyond 5 pages in the Tech section is one that most people would wonder why they got involved with it in the first place.:L
And it's problems like this one that make the rest of us willing to help lend experience and be grateful it's your problem, and not ours.:)

Happy trails to you, until we meet again!
:w

John,

You have one beautiful Vette. In all my years, I have never seen one like yours. Are there any others out there that you know of?

Congratulations on getting your Vette running. I just read through the entire thread. What a journey you have been on.

I think Pete said in one of his earlier posts: Air, spark, fuel. Have to have all three of them. Any one missing and ......................!

I just read recently about the upgrade to the '85 fuel pump. Nice to know you were able to do that.

Enjoy your Vette!

SAVE THE :w

very cool indeed !:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom