Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poppa's got some new shoes

VetteLuv

Corvette
1992 Polo Green Coupe
I was able to get the Vette in to our local Tire-Rack installer for 4 new Kumho ECSTA ASX tires (275/40ZR-17) and a 4 corner allignment. WOW what a difference in the ride comfort and handling !!! Great tires for the price. My S.O. won't be *****ing anymore about "Crashing" over the expansion joints in the highway. Almost as soft a ride as a C5. I can't wait until the "newness" has been worn off so I can find out where the grip limits really are. :upthumbs

The crappy stuff the previous owner had put on it (VISA tires from WallMart (?) or was it BJ's Wholesale??) stuck like glue but rode like a brick. Being the cheap guy that I am the old tires had to be worn out before getting replaced - and there have been limited chances (between snow storms) to burn-off those hard riding things. But now they are GONE and now I'm really, really looking for Spring to get here for real (2 inches of snow again this morning - about 130 for the season!).

BTW - If anyone needs GREAT service in the Ithaca, NY area (Cornell U.) I can now heartily endorse AUTOWORKS. They really know their stuff and treated my '92 as if it were a brand new Z06. ;worship

Happy Motoring. Bruce

First off. Welcome to the forums. I had a set of those installed last spring.
We went with the group from Indy to Bowling Green last summer for the CAC cruisefest. We drove through some of the hardest longest rain I have ever had the pleasure to drive in. The tires stuck to the road like glue in all that water. I like the ride and the handling of the tires. I think you will be very happy with them.:Steer

Glenn
:w

Glenn, Thanks for your response. A couple of local guys are running them and had said they were great on C4s but it is always nice to get more product verification. I was down to DC for the weekend (NOT in the Vette!) and now we have 14 inches of heavy wet snow so it will be a few more days before more of the "newness" worked out of them. If the weather warms up and the roads clear I have a 500 mile trip planned for next week that should do the trick - and should show how good these new shoes are on the interstate.

Happy Motoring !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom