Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ported Turbo Wastergate Upgrade??

T

TurboLuigi

Just out of curiosity....

How many people besides me took advantage of this or any of these other upgrades for their Twin Turbo Corvettes???

-Luigi
:cool
Current Upgrade Options.JPG

I can tell you that the exhaust and porting sure are sweet!

-Luigi

img_0559.jpg

On my black car, the entire turbos were ported before I got it :cool

Had that not already been done, I would have taken advantage of this program - I heard it really woke up a few Callaways recently. That, and the BIG Wonderbar that is still avail. from Callaway :lou

Now if we could only get a nice brake package (and 100+ intake) on that list :beer

Luigi

Hi all,
Just curious about the upgrade on the ss headers and the wastegates on the turbos. Is there a noticeable HP increase and how much?? I already have the custom exhaust from Callaway. Do you think its worth the price for these upgrades? I am also waiting (anxiously may I add) for the 100+ package, does anyone know if these are part of that package? Thanx

Best, Cliff

Cliff,

It all adds up and it does make a difference. Best time to do the wastegate porting and the stronger springs is if/when you start to get boost creep (uncontrolled boosting) so you don't hurt internals.

The exhaust manifold if you are doing the custom exhaust which it sounds like you did - and hopefully you went with high flowing mini-cats to keep it legit as I did.

The big wonderbar is probably the most gain in power for the $$$ - I didn't have to worry about it since the 91's (with the ET) already have the big wonderbar but the older model years would benefit greatly.

It would be very nice to have the 100+ option but my car makes so much power I am more interested in some big brakes to stop it.

Regards,

-Luigi

Good news is Pete's working on those brakes!

I got the turbo's ported with larger valves and I know Josh's car had it done also.That is my car in the flyer with the Megaphones

SWEET!!!:upthumbs

I've seen and heard it.... BTW - Thanks for lobbying for those parts as well as the larger exhaust; what a difference they make!

-Luigi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom