Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Possible Mid-Year Production Changes

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I've heard that Magnetic Red II paint will be retired in May and the Magnesium wheels may be coming back as an option 1/2 way through 2002 production. Can anyone else verify?

That is interesting. Thanks Rob. Will they have another color to replace the Magnetic Red II, or are they just going to keep the colors as is.

• Admin
danl72 said:
That is interesting. Thanks Rob. Will they have another color to replace the Magnetic Red II, or are they just going to keep the colors as is.

I've heard the 50th Anniversary candy apple red color is the reason for the deletion of the Magnetic Red II. I don't think the 50th anniversary color will be a replacement, but I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted the Magnetic Red II color because the 50th anniv. color is close to it. This is only a guess on my part.

I can't remember where I read it but they now have a limited number of mag wheels available as an option at $1200.00. Chuck

It is my understanding that Mag Red II, Black and Pewter will be gone. Mag Red II will be replaced by a new somewhat darker red. Black will be replaced by a "Metallic Black".

GM has a limited number of Magnesium wheels available and have made the option available again until the stock runs out. This was announced by a GM bulletin to the dealers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom