Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Possibly the silliest question ever

slvrsrfr

Corvette
1999 Silver Convertible
You know those red plastic covers at the bottom of the door panels? What are they for? Are they reflectors or are there lights under there?

I think they're simply reflectors... a safety device to warn drivers if your Vette is stalled on side of a dark road - with the door open. ;shrug

Yep, XLR8 got it correct!! Plain ole' reflectors -- every little bit of attention to you in the dark is good!!

Thank you both! Glad I asked before I tried taking them off. My luck, I would have cracked them only find out there was nothing underneath.

Thanks again.

It Was A Good Question

Hey slvrsrfr...welcome to the CAC. I really like your ride.;)
Remo:cool

Yes they are just reflectors...so if you open your door in traffic, they can see it as they rip it off the hinges.

My Dad used to say: "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask".

I could have sworn there is an adjustment bolt for the window under the reflector ;)

but the silliest question is " should I buy and install the "MGP Corvette caliper covers ? "

for a good laugh , click the picture

stuoid.jpg

Some C5 owners have installed LEDs in them.

Look on corvetteforum.com in the C5 General or Technical sections.
Poster posted pics as well.

okie dokie :beer

I was just following up on the silliest question theme.......

okie dokie :beer

I was just following up on the silliest question theme.......
Ah, regardless, I see you started a seperate thread so... thank you for your cooperation. ;)

I also noticed in your earlier post you mentioned a "window adjustment" underneath the relectors, but I'm not sure if you were joking (hence the wink smilie). Is this true? Is there something located beneath the reflectors to allow easy access for window adjustments? Please elaborate. Would be good information to know if that's the case.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom