Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Antena Switch

air1jpg

Corvette
1996 Polo Green LT1 Coupe
Can anyone tell me where I can find the power antena sensor wire from the radio that tells the power antena to raise and lower. I would like to install a switch on this wire so I can prevent the antena from going up when I am listening to a CD or tape.;shrug

I just had one installed in my 84. I bought a new power antenna and the cut off switch from Mid America Motor Works. I wish I could tell you where the wire is or the sensor do to the fact I had my Mechanic install it. But the cut off and the antenna came with a full set of instruction that are on their web site, and I bet if you asked them they could help you, they did for me.

Hugh :beer

father & son

mid america has the kit with instructions for which wire to tap into. I remember it was a pink wire comming out of a cluster, behind the passenger side lower light panel. Use a lite tester to find, just turn on radio and the pink wire that lites up the tester is the one. Besure you cut the wire after the cluster, or it won't work.
good luck
vette-08.jpg

If you put a switch on the wire from the radio, you'll be able to have the antenna stay down, or have the antenna work automatically. If you put a switch on the Orange wire at the control relay (under the trim cover, to the left of the rear hatch latch), you'll be able to put the antenna position at any height, or fully up, or fully down. I like to leave mine up about 15". Looks good and works fine. When I'm in a weak signal area, a flip of the switch, and it goes fully up.

:w S.T.W.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom