Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power door locks

chuckhinva

Corvette
1996 LT4 Coupe
Power door lock switch on the passenger side of my '81 does not work. The driver's side does (both doors). Replaced the P/S actuator, switch, and pigtails. Still nothing. I'm getting power and the switch ohms out but nothing happens. Since this is a double circuit, it seems to me that either both sides should work or neither side. Just the drivers side working has me stumped. Any thoughts?

Power door lock switch on the passenger side of my '81 does not work. The driver's side does (both doors). Replaced the P/S actuator, switch, and pigtails. Still nothing. I'm getting power and the switch ohms out but nothing happens. Since this is a double circuit, it seems to me that either both sides should work or neither side. Just the drivers side working has me stumped. Any thoughts?

Hey Chuck... at least you can get one side to open/close. Both my driver and passenger switches will lock the doors but neither will open them. It's an electrical PITA. I've monkeyed with them for years and just gave up. Probably a short somewhere within the wiring but danged if I can find it (and I'm a retired EE/Prog Mgr). Good luck.

........... nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom