Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power seat motor

Corvette
1987 Z52 Black Convertible
I was doing a little spring cleaning on the vette and wanted to vacuum behind and under the seats as much as I could. Well I have dual power seats and they both went forward, but the passenger side seat now wont go back. It is stuck all the way forward. It still will go up and down and rotate right and left. The motor runs, but sounds like something is binding.

How hard is the seat to pull out? I tried to look underneath it and feel inside the track but forget it, there is just no room.

Try "helping" the seat by sitting in it andpuching back while holding the seat button.
Otherwise:
the seat cushion is neld in place by a |_____| wire hoop-like fastener.
It's under the bolster of the sear cushion. use a screwdriveer to lever it off and life the cushion out. you can then get to the motor. raising the seat may make it easier to see/acess the fastener.
Or any body shop can free the cushion for you. I never refastened mine, use the space under for hidden storage.

The seat is held in with 4 bolts. If the seat wont move you may be able to get to it with a gear wrench.

Also, try to sit in a push back with your feet and move the seat back at the same time. See if that helps.

You may have stripped gears in the seat track. If so its about 150 to 200 bucks to replace or refurb the track.

Make sure the end of the cable to the motor is not broken before you get out your wallet though.

Yeah I have tried to sit in the seat and gently rock back and forth. Going forward and backward trying to free it up to get it to slide all the way back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom