Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Pre 73 chrome bumper add on?

amattson815

Hi!

I've been in the market for a c3 stingray and i'm drawn to the 68-72/73 chrome front and back ends. I've been able to find a good amount of later year, good condition vettes, but that's when they ditched the chrome ends. Those front and rear ends are something i'm really looking to get.
Here's what i'm talking about
5_37.jpg2_42.jpg

I was wondering if there's any kits or parts available out there to replace or add on those bumpers to a later year vette. And how much of a PITA that would be :L

For now i'm just waiting for a good 71 or something to pop up but i'm wondering if i have options here.

Thanks!

The cost of converting a '74-'77 Corvette to chrome bumpers would far exceed what it would cost to buy a 'real' one in the first place, plus you'd end up with a one-off custom that had very low resale value.

Custom image corvettes sells a kit to do the chrome bumpers on the rear( not sure about the front)but it is VERY labor intensive and would be more expensive than buying a 68-73 car. It does look kinda cool on the 78 and later cars with the big back glass.

The cost of converting a '74-'77 Corvette to chrome bumpers would far exceed what it would cost to buy a 'real' one in the first place, plus you'd end up with a one-off custom that had very low resale value.

I agree. If you want chrome, buy chrome and skip an attempt at a converson.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom