Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price of the 2009 ZR-1

What do you think the 2009 ZR-1 MSRP will be?

• $80,000

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • $85,000

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • $90,000

Votes: 19 13.3%
  • $95,000

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • $100,000

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • $105,000

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • $110,000

Votes: 24 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
What do you think the price of the 2009 ZR-1 will be set at?

All of the magazines seem to think it will come out with a $100,000 price tag.

The 2008 Dodge Viper with 600 hp has an approximate price of $85,000. The Corvette has always given the most bang for the buck.

So with that in mind, where do you think the MSRP for the 2009 ZR-1 will fall?

Without knowing what offered as standard equipment or optional equipment it's hard to say what GM will set the price at. I've read articles about it having carbon rotors, larger wheels/tires, possible upgraded body parts, carbon fiber roof, engine internals etc. I'd have to guess that $100k is not far off the mark. It would be nicer to make it available to all of us for $1 down and $1 a month. :boogie

GM could get whatever they ask for the low volume initial run ..

I'll take a guess and say 99,999 base price...

Just so they can represent value for what the buyer recieves..as a halo statement to the entire Chevy brand...

Considering it will smoke or run with a half million dollar Ferrari Enzo for 20% of the cost...(or something ridiculous)

I think GM will run just under the 6 figure amount...and the dealers will gouge the first year or so buyers with "market adjustment"

I think they'll keep it under $100k initially... but what do I know? ;)

I'd like to think they will follow hardnoks thought line but I'm afraid it will probably be just under 100k so that they can say all for less than 6 figures or some similiar marketing statement.

A widget is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I read something about a price bump already and the price isn't even set!!!!

Give me a C6Z and $10k and it will make 800rwhp. Ofcourse it won't be called a ZR-1, but it will be called one bad azz mutha. ;)

Make it 90 grand and have a big poster for us dreamers and I will be happy.

spoke w/ a friend of Chuck Mallet who knows "bob" at GM, and Bob says it will cost $135k! This dude I met runs Gotham city dream cars and has video (I saw it) of him in a rally w/ Chuck Mallet. I know it's a tenuous source but the guy seemed pretty on the level. All I can say is that $135K is way too much once you throw in stealorship markups and bidding wars.

What difference does the MSRP make? The dealers will price it out of the reach of most folks anyway.

$89,900

If they ask $100k they won't get many takers, if they stay in the $80k range they'll have many Z06 owners upgrading and Viper owners switching!

The above statement is contingent on whether they make a major improvement in the body style, if it still looks like a slightly modified C6 or Z06 they'll get very few buyers. At $90k to $100k the new ZR-1 better stand out from any other Corvette ever built or GM will have a flop on their hands, it won't matter how powerful or fast it is!

:beer

EFE Z06
Velocity Vettes
http://www.freewebs.com/velocityvettes/

PS:
The dealers can only rip buyers off if they are "willing" to pay over sticker, if buyers refuse to pay - dealers will eventually lower the price to what's fair - MSRP at the max! There are dealers around that sell for sticker, ya just have to search for them.

If they ask $100k they won't get many takers, if they stay in the $80k range they'll have many Z06 owners upgrading and Viper owners switching!

The above statement is contingent on whether they make a major improvement in the body style, if it still looks like a slightly modified C6 or Z06 they'll get very few buyers. At $90k to $100k the new ZR-1 better stand out from any other Corvette ever built or GM will have a flop on their hands, it won't matter how powerful or fast it is!

:werd: I agree. To have any staying power the ZR has to be more than a really fast Z06. A slightly warmed over body with a peekaboo hood isn't going to grab anyone but those who just have to have the latest, greatest. This thing will have to stand on it's own, or it will be an oddity more than a viable market contender. As great as the C4 ZR was, it never sold a ton because of the price, and the fact that it looked like the "regular" C4...and that was a shame. If the new one shares the same two attributes it may suffer the same fate. Sadly, Chevy marketing doesn't always hit home runs.

I am guessing between $85k to 90k, so GM can advertise it under 100k, times are rough out there and the gasoline is climbing all the time. But on second thought if gasoline is a real issue :eek:hnoes you won't more than likely be in the market for a Vette anyway.

But who would know what GM marketing is thinking ;shrug

Bill :w

:werd: I agree. To have any staying power the ZR has to be more than a really fast Z06. A slightly warmed over body with a peekaboo hood isn't going to grab anyone but those who just have to have the latest, greatest. This thing will have to stand on it's own, or it will be an oddity more than a viable market contender. As great as the C4 ZR was, it never sold a ton because of the price, and the fact that it looked like the "regular" C4...and that was a shame. If the new one shares the same two attributes it may suffer the same fate. Sadly, Chevy marketing doesn't always hit home runs.

I hope they learned from their lesson b4 --- Although if I ever think I will own a used one well then I hope they have not learned from the past!

I wanted a viper. I got a settle for lt4. I had to stretch to get that.
Chevy cars and ford trucks rule.

I can't see GM asking more than $80k, unless they just want to go on the record to compete with the Ford GT or some other high-line vehicles.

They have to ask near 100 grand for this car unless they are going to phase out the ZO6. 80,000 would be too close to the Z to where no-one would want a Z anymore. Everyone would go the extra to have the top dog.For them to have the third tier car in the lineup, if I had to guess, I would bet they come in at just under 100,000.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom