Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem with '93

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
Question:

On my 93 LT1 Coupe, lately it has started doing something weird.
Sometimes(not always) when I go WOT from a stop, I see the brake(idiot light) come on briefly, then the Check ASR and Check ABS lights illuminate on the control center. They stay on until I turn the car off and they don't light up again on restart.

I always turn off the ASR when I start it.

So, any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks,

Welcome C4Tom,
Your brake fluid is low. Mine did the same thing even though it didn't appear to be low. Just top it off and you should be good to go. :w

Thank you for the welcome.

I will check it again. I really assumed that was probably the case, just didn't know it was that sensitive. Thanks for the help!

Just curious....why do you turn off the ASR?

You want a 6 speed it seems. LT-4 is you. Until the ZF tranny or clutch pukes. Or your left leg falls off in traffic.

I'd love a GS but I doubt I'd hammer it like my current trusty steed. More of a garage queen.

Your decisions face us all. The good news is time is on your side with C5s beginning to drop more (along with C4s) so the outcome of the swap remains more or less constant cost wise.

tlong said:
Just curious....why do you turn off the ASR?
The ASR is really distracting to me. If the tires get loose, I've always been able to drive out of it. Besides, I can afford new tires when needed. :bu

You want a 6 speed it seems. LT-4 is you. Until the ZF tranny or clutch pukes. Or your left leg falls off in traffic.
I enjoy the auto, give me a free hand to hold the coffee. :)

Your decisions face us all. The good news is time is on your side with C5s beginning to drop more (along with C4s) so the outcome of the swap remains more or less constant cost wise.
:confused Not sure what you are saying here. I do plan on getting an early C5, hopefully in the near future.

LT1-MP said:
Welcome C4Tom,
Your brake fluid is low. Mine did the same thing even though it didn't appear to be low. Just top it off and you should be good to go. :w
Problem solved! It was about 3/8 inch low, topped it off, gave it a test and no lights.

Thank you!!:upthumbs

You're welcome!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom