Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem with thief system

Heyblue

Corvette
1984, many of the sensors for the anti thief system are broken or missing. I have no intention to get it working. Up to now I have not had a problem, then today car wouldn't start. Nothing no click or any other sign of life, except the dash lit up. Fortunately I was in a position so I could roll backwards and pop the clutch, (yeah for standard tranes.) My best guess is the starter interrupter relay was open. It isin't thr switch on the clutch because that switch is defective and I jumpered it out, just have to remember to push in clutch if transmission is in gear. Interesting enough when I got home and tried to start the car it started back up. Sooo my question, is there an easy way to disable the security system so I might not have this problem again? Like a key fuse or something. I was thinking maybe removing the interrupter relay and jumping the contacts that would allow the starter to work, but that seems like I would have to pull the dash apart. Thanks in advance for any one with ideas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom