Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problems gravity bleeding the slave cylinder

luvlar

Corvette
1994 Black Rose
Greetings,

I'm trying to gravity bleed all the fluid out of a 1994 using this method:

"Bleeding the Clutch Hydraulic System -
One method for bleeding this system is to let fluid simply run through the system until clean fluid comes out. Close the bleeder screw , climb into the car and press down on the clutch pedal about fifty times. Then go back under the car and allow a little more fluid out one last time."

The problem is very little fluid has come out and the master cylinder is still full. Even with the bleeder screw out no fluid flows. I was able to spurt out some by pumping the clutch but now the clutch is floppy and the master cylinder reservoir is still full. I do not have any vacuum tools etc. Any ideas? Thank you.

sounds like a void or air pocket in the master...its pumping nothing so nothing flows out.

try getting a stick to hold the pedal down and leave it for an hour or two...see if fluid can drain into the pump cylinder and maybe get a "bite" on the fluid again. Otherwise it needs to be pulled thru or some pressure from above.

sounds like a void or air pocket in the master...its pumping nothing so nothing flows out.

try getting a stick to hold the pedal down and leave it for an hour or two...see if fluid can drain into the pump cylinder and maybe get a "bite" on the fluid again. Otherwise it needs to be pulled thru or some pressure from above.

Appreciate the advise. I'll give it a try.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom