Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Professional Car Painter needed for Question

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Have the Anniversary Color. Don't know when or where it occurred. Looking directly "down" at the paint, I see what appears to be dried water droplets. They are etched into the clear coat down to the paint surface. Compound does not touch them.

Question, can they be removed w/o disturbing the clear and color?

No. I bet they are only on the hood. Answer that and I will tell you why I asked.

Mr. Sam

Thank you for responding Mr. Sam, nut

What does one call that area on the rear deck lid?, haunches? There are also water spot looking spots on both sides, in the formed valley between the back glass and edge of rear deck lid.

it's such a great looking color standing back from the car but when you walk up and look directly down at the paint, .......

another thing I've noticed is some sort of chunks that stick out from the paint, they are clear but thick....wax gets stuck on 'em, it's like random spots of clear packing tape.....those are okay but the water spots aren't.

In that area the issues are on the Hatch. Without being there I can't say for sure what they were caused by. Has the car ever been repainted?

From what you described a repaint of that area is needed.

Mr. Sam

On the Hood, I have seen things like you described that were caused by engine heat. A friend had it happen on his C6 and required a Hood repaint. They were very noticeable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom