Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PROM questions

I am usually not big on used parts but I got a set of the Bosh III from www.fuelinfectoconnection.com
They sell them for $169 set of 8 cleaned and flow matched.
My 90 has not run this good in the nearly 5 yrs I have owned it.
If you call them they answer any question you have. I was very impressed. I installed the injectors in less than 3 hrs .
Removed the plenum , took the fuel rail lose but did not disassemble it.

Glenn
:w

Admittedly, I am not much of a mechanic. I guess I could try, I just don't want to mess it up worse!

The three yr warranty and talking to Jon Sr. is what convinced me to give them a try.
These guys are not new to the injector business.
They give straight answers. The injectors do not come from salvage yards.

Glenn
:w

I just put Jon's injectors in the 90. It's not hard to do.And they work great.

I did remove the passenger side tubes.

Buy the gasket kit . mark your bolts and replace any other part while you have the plenum off.

you will need a 10 mm socket and wrench and I believe it is a 40 Torx head for the plenum bolts. A 3/8 swivel extension makes it easier to remove the lower tube bolts. Be careful when putting it back together aluminum is easy to cross thread.

GWinter is right, these are not salvage yard units . All have less than 3000 miles on them. And in some cases none at all. interesting story on how he gets these.

I just put Jon's injectors in the 90. It's not hard to do.And they work great.

I did remove the passenger side tubes.

Buy the gasket kit . mark your bolts and replace any other part while you have the plenum off.

you will need a 10 mm socket and wrench and I believe it is a 40 Torx head for the plenum bolts. A 3/8 swivel extension makes it easier to remove the lower tube bolts. Be careful when putting it back together aluminum is easy to cross thread.

GWinter is right, these are not salvage yard units . All have less than 3000 miles on them. And in some cases none at all. interesting story on how he gets these.

Well the place I bought the car from is covering the repair under their warranty, except for the difference of the 5 additional fuel injectors (I figure they might as well do them all).

Should be done soon. Looking forward to driving again!

With engine idling tap the MAF with a screwdriver handle if it stumbles or dies its the MAF.

That would be a trick if it worked. No, 90 is Speed Density. No MAF.

86 Vette not running

HELP!!!! Bought a basket case and now am becoming one. Nice vet but, will not run. Starts, runs maybe 3 seconds then dies. I have checked all grounds, replaced ecm,swapped out memcal, coil, pick up coil, fuel pump and filter, spark plugs and wires, tps, est, dist. rotor and cap eliminated the dreaded VATS with bypass unit. Noid light flashes while cranking engine, timing lights flashes while cranking engine 40 psi on fuel rails, new injectors,new starter( lost the first one to abuse) timing is set as close as can be without running.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom