Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Prospective owner has a question or two

D

desertrat

Hi everyone, my name is tom and I live near a small town (Hermiston) in Northeastern Oregon. I am planning to order a new C6 coupe with the 6 liter engine and a manual transmission.

I would like to buy from the local dealer but I have been told that I will have to pay MSRP. Is this normal? I don't mind if that is what everyone else pays but if I could get it cheaper somewhere else I might be willing to go a few hundred miles. Also the dealers internal G.M. web site says that only four colors are available, victory red, white, black and silver. The Chevrolet web site on the real internet lists 8 colors, I sort of liked the Monteray red, anyone know which web site is correct?

I will have to wait about 6 weeks for the car and am really looking forward to it, this will be my first Corvette.

Any other advice on buying a new Corvette would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, tom

Hi everyone, my name is tom and I live near a small town (Hermiston) in Northeastern Oregon. I am planning to order a new C6 coupe with the 6 liter engine and a manual transmission.

I would like to buy from the local dealer but I have been told that I will have to pay MSRP. Is this normal? I don't mind if that is what everyone else pays but if I could get it cheaper somewhere else I might be willing to go a few hundred miles. Also the dealers internal G.M. web site says that only four colors are available, victory red, white, black and silver. The Chevrolet web site on the real internet lists 8 colors, I sort of liked the Monteray red, anyone know which web site is correct?

I will have to wait about 6 weeks for the car and am really looking forward to it, this will be my first Corvette.

Any other advice on buying a new Corvette would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, tom

Well Tom, I'm no expert but it would be a long day in h$@l before I paid anyone MSRP. Shop around and don't be in a rush (I know it's hard). Get exactly what you want. The dealers site may say that there are only four colors available as perhaps he has four of the Vettes available somewhere in those colors. Even if you have to travel 1000 miles to get what you want, go for it. If it was me doing the buying I'd be walking away from the dealer already.

All the best,

I can't help you with the Corvette purchase. I would suggest that you contact some of our supporting vendors to see if they can help you. If you can save several thousand dollars, a trip to pick up the car could be well worth it. The road trip home would be great fun, as well.

I have been to Hermiston many times. I live in Boise and go through Hermiston on the way to the coast or on the way to Spokane. Seems like a nice town. And the quarterback for the local college football team, Boise State, is from there. I also worked with a pharmacist who grew up there. If you are ever in the Boise area, we should go get a coffee.
Jim

Hi Tom, firstly, welcome to CAC!

As I'm a C4 person instead of C6's, I really can't help much with your questions although I'm sure you'll have plenty of others chiming in soon to answer you better than I can. I do know that there has been some discussion in the C6 forum section about prices for them, so if you look in there you might find some of the answers you're looking for already there.

Welcome to CAC and have fun with your new Vette once you get it!

I agree with DRTH VTR check out what our Supporting Vendors have!

thanks for the quick replies

OK looks like I have some work to do, I agree a thousand miles or so would not be to far. I will send you a PM when I am going to be in Boise sometime Jim, thanks again.
tom

I just checked with a friend of mine who owns a Chrysler dealership here where I live. I asked him what the average amount was that he sells new vehicles for under the MSRP. His reply 5 to 10% depending on the vehicle and its price and availability. On Wednesday of last week I purchased a new 06 Sebring Convertible for my wife (her birthday, she loves Sebrings, she's afraid of Vettes...go figure?) from him. It had a MSRP of $38,445 then add delivery and pre-delivery on top. I paid $35,000 (cash) with delivery and pre-delivery included.

smilies-42650.png

Tom,

I can't help you with the C6 pricing issue, but DRTH VTR's suggestion to check out the CAC Supporting Vendor Dealers is a good start.

This is a link to the CAC Dealers page. Click

I'd also suggest some reading in the C6 General Discussion Forum here.

Good luck in your search. We have some great Corvette enthusiasts here. They're both knowledgeable and friendly - more than willing to answer questions and help when they can.

Enjoy, and keep us posted as to your progress!
:w Jane Ann

Welcome to CAC!!!!:CAC
Good luck finding your vette and enjoy the forums!!!!!

Welcome to the CAC!

There are more than 4 colors available and buying a new Vette under MSRP (maybe even the Z06) is possible if you can find a willing dealer.

Best of luck!

:Steer

Question: How can you tell when a car salesman is telling a lie?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Question: How can you tell when a car salesman is telling a lie?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!:bash I'll forgive you this time since you did say "salesman", not "saleswoman"!;LOL

Elaine

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!:bash I'll forgive you this time since you did say "salesman", not "saleswoman"!;LOL

Elaine

Sorry Elaine, some of us men (I'm one) forget that salesman became sales person, mailmen became letter carrieres, fishermen are now fishers, and mothers or fathers can be either male or female. LOL Did I say that politically correct?

All the best,

Welcome to CAC!

I am sure you will have a great time here. You will also be able to find the answers to the questions you might have.

AND DON'T FORGET TO :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom