Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Pulling to the right when braking

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
1979 Corvette with new rotors and pads. Proper break in performed. All brake lines are good. Master cylinder and caliper is relatively new. Pulled the caliper and no signs of leakage or failure. Bled the caliper and still continue to have this issue. When slamming on the breaks, both front brakes grab fine and lock up the front wheels. Any ideas? I'm thinking caliper.

Right?

Hi. Might try replacing the front hoses (collapsed internally) and inexpensive, also have the front end alignment checked (toed out will cause this problem) When you test drive the car try to find a road that is flat. Most roads slope to the right for water draim off and the car will try to drive off the slope. Hope this helps, Phil.

In addition to brake hoses and front end alignment, you also need to look at the condition of your control arm bushings, worn bushings one side of the car can cause pulling under braking. Additionally, inspect the lower control arm mountings on the frame for cracks.

Hi. Might try replacing the front hoses (collapsed internally) and inexpensive, also have the front end alignment checked (toed out will cause this problem) When you test drive the car try to find a road that is flat. Most roads slope to the right for water draim off and the car will try to drive off the slope. Hope this helps, Phil.

Lines, alignment, and bushings are good. Mentioned that in initial post.

If it's pulling to the RH side while braking check the LH caliper operation.

Just did this, replaced all with loaded calipers, crossover line hoses etc.
Mine pulled to the left.

Answer was Advance auto only had 3 calipers, had to get one from Oreillys.
Differences in the pads, Advance pads are better than Oreillys.
Replaces ft pads with a full set cured the problem

023.jpg

Just did this, replaced all with loaded calipers, crossover line hoses etc.
Mine pulled to the left.

Answer was Advance auto only had 3 calipers, had to get one from Oreillys.
Differences in the pads, Advance pads are better than Oreillys.
Replaces ft pads with a full set cured the problem

023.jpg

Read the initial post again.

Power Steering Cylinder?

Would a defective or failing power steering cylinder cause pulling to the right under moderate braking? I just replaced my power steering cylinder and the pulling to the right issue is much better. Weird...

Not sure about the power steering cylinder causing pulling to the right, after 3-4 hard stops did it pull any more or less?

My brake fade was really evident after hard stops, even going in reverse the wheel pulled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom