Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

purchase ecm

81 MAKO

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport 6-spd manual~ 2001 cpe auto trans
Has anybody changed their ecm,in a 81,and if so did you have good results of performance afterwards?

ECM

I put in a new ECM when I got my car, the original wasn't working at all and the car was running extremely rich. New ECM, I think I got it from Napa, and it's running much better and no codes.

Good Luck!

81 MAKO - Very nice looking car you have there. 4 speed too!!
I like!!!

Dave

About 12 years ago we had a lot of trouble with the
ECM. They tried 3 different Delco Remanufactured ECMs and a new Prom and it would run for a while then go into limp home mode, about 35 mph maximum. Also followed the codes and changed a couple sensors. We lived with the code scanner in the car all summer. The Chevy dealer where my wife works gave up and called AC Delco for help. Since Kokomo IN isn't that far from us they had us take the car to AC Delco for evaluation. They had the car for 2 weeks and sent it back declaring it fixed. It went into limp home mode on the way home.

The service manager ordered a new ECM even though warranty would only pay for a reman and also another new Prom. Installed them both at the same time and the car has been right ever since. What was wrong? Who knows. I do know that as long as it is running right I'll never mess with the ECM.

Tom

REBUILT ECM INSTALL.

Well I changed the original ECM for a NAPA rebuilt, $91.00,and the car runs alot better;two problems are gone. I had an egine check lite that would come on only in Freeway driving and I had a ruff or flooding out type running condition at 1500-1800 rpm. The car used surge back & fourth alittle when town driving in 2nd or 3rd gear at the old 1500-1800 range. I used the old PROM chip so I could determine cause of problem. Also, I sprang for a rebuilt 140mph speedo which is exchange for $56.50 from Red Line Gauges "john" (800)375-2310, that project went real smooth plus I changed out my old speedo cable installed new, while old speedo head was out for swap. I had the new speedo head before ship'mt, had exact total miles set to match my old one!! LOBO out...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom