Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Purchasing an 09 2LT

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
Hey all you C6 folks, this C3 guy is finally going to upgrade, I drove a 09 last night and am getting real close to ordering one, what I think I want is a 2LT Victory Red with Cashmere interior, auto trans, and Museum delivery.
I got a price quote online from Rick Daniel at Maxie Price Chevrolet, seems to be a great price, has anyone deal with them before?
What other options can anyone recommend, seems like the 2LT is pretty well equiped for the price. I would get the basic 1LT but the wife does not want black interior.
Thanks

Both my C6's are 3LT so they have all the bells and whistles.
I like the HUD and memory seats but I think you have to go with 3LT to get that.
I like the MagRide (F55) option - 2 different suspenion modes and you get the big brakes. The navigation system comes in handy on road trips to new locations or just trying to find an address in your home town.
Museum delivery is a very nice touch. I've done that twice and was well pleased.

I agree with all that Tuna, just trying to weight cost vs. want, what I want is that red ZR-1 on the show room floor at Mark Heitz but what I want and what I get are most of the time two different things, :D. Still thinking about going up to the 3LT just not sure, Thanks for the reply we need to go on another cruise soon. Paul

Hey all you C6 folks, this C3 guy is finally going to upgrade, I drove a 09 last night and am getting real close to ordering one, what I think I want is a 2LT Victory Red with Cashmere interior, auto trans, and Museum delivery.
I got a price quote online from Rick Daniel at Maxie Price Chevrolet, seems to be a great price, has anyone deal with them before?
What other options can anyone recommend, seems like the 2LT is pretty well equiped for the price. I would get the basic 1LT but the wife does not want black interior.
Thanks

I upgraded 2 months ago from a 71 that I have had since 73. Originally I was going to keep the 71. But after having the 08 C6 for a month I decided to sell the 71. My 08 os Victory Red 3LT w/ Cashmere, Nav, NPP, MN6 and I love it! I have done a few interior upgrades. Added some Cashmere Leather pieces from DSVette and a short throw shifter from MGW.
vette1.jpg
vette2.jpg
Shifter1.jpg
leather1.jpg
leather2.jpg

Im in the market myself, and Personnaly I dont see the benefit of the 2LT or 4LT packages. For me its either a 1LT with options or the go flat out for the 3LT

regardless - Good luck Okie - they are all beautifull cars!!!

I was looking at the 2LT because its first trim package that allows you to change interior color, if I could get Cashmere interior in the 1LT I think I would go that way but I guess the extra cost to go up to the 3LT is worth it does have a lot more features I would like esp the HUD.

71Stingray, I would have kept the 71 as well !
I was a hard decision to get rid of it. But I just turned 50 and it was to the point where it was going to need about 10k worth of work done to get it back to where it would be dependable. I was getting started on it but I had major surgery in 2004 so it has sat since then. Once I got the new one I completely lost interest. It went to a younger guy that is going to keep it all original so I feel good it will get used instead of sitting while I procrastinate.

Nice to see it going to someone that will appreciate it, I am planning on keeping my '76' but you all know about the "best laid plans'. Don't really think the 76 would bring me enough to make it worth selling to be honest.

Hey Paul,

Are you locked in on ordering a new Vette?
There are some good deals on used C6's right now.

Hey Paul,

Are you locked in on ordering a new Vette?
There are some good deals on used C6's right now.

I am really interested in the Museum delivery, plan on a extend three week road trip after picking up the car, so if we went with a used C6 would have to modify that plan, where are you seeing good deals?
Are you planning on being at the
"Non Club Club" all corvette show Sep 13th in Norman?

Paul,
Check your messages.

Nice to see it going to someone that will appreciate it, I am planning on keeping my '76' but you all know about the "best laid plans'. Don't really think the 76 would bring me enough to make it worth selling to be honest.

When I bought my C6 the plan was to keep the 71 and finish it. I had saved about $25K to put into it. The plan was a VB&P Big Daddy Suspension kit, A Keisler Tremec 5-speed. Among other things. The mistake I made was driving a C6! I took the $25K I had saved and put it towards the C6 telling my girlfriend, "I'll just save towards the 71 again." Well, about a month into the plan I just didn't feel the same about the 71! LOL. I put it on E-Bay and it sold in 8 hours! I guess I didn't ask enough! LOL! THe good thing is I sold it for enough to pay off the 08.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom