Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Put on new balancer, but now code C1288. Steering sensor

HI there,

Yes, I read all of it.

The analog signal is what you should read, and rotation of the sensor will indicate your home position.

2.5 volts, and if you do NOT have an accurate digital multimeter or a good ground source, you will create this issue.

Was the ground hooked up at the EBTCM when you reinstalled everything after the balancer?????

If you do not have a quality meter, you WILL NEVER get accurate voltage measurement.

Allthebest, Paul

Apparently I did mess up the clock spring. On the next ride the Airbag symbol lit up. Horn still works.

When you get the SWPS sorted out, make a new Thread on the clockspring , I have some good DIY guidance and also the FSM guidance I can post.

Apparently I did mess up the clock spring. On the next ride the Airbag symbol lit up. Horn still works.

It was said earlier in this thread that you do not plan to get a Service Manual.

DO NOT attempt DIY service on the air bag system without first reading the Factory Service Manual. Attempting to work on the air bag system without proper service information may result in your injury or death due to an inadvertent air bag deployment.

If you're going to try and replace the driver's air bag, get the FSM and follow it's instructions to the letter to insure there is not inadvertent deployment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom