Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

putting together a book, looking for interest from others to submit their car

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
I found a site where I can put together a book. I really have all kinds of options in terms of putting the book together, but primarily it seems the best way to do it is to get 3 to 6 photos (high resolution like 2 to 5MB per photo) of a car and a parargraph write up.

Currently I am putting together a book that chronicles the build of my '60. Since I have over 1000 photos on line, I have reduced the number I am using to less than 500. When I am done I suppose that there will be around 350 to 400 photos. This would be a bound book with a jacket protector.

When the book is done, it would be available on line for purchase (at cost). On the photography forums that I frequent they refer to this site as a pretty good place to get a book done up. So I thought I would build a book of my '60, see how it comes out and if it is a pretty good quality then pursue building a book of Corvettes with cars from the forum.

I work on it each night for about 1 to 2 hours (all my eyes can take) and get about 2 to 5 pages done depending on how things go. I am on page 24 now and figure that I will be close to 100 pages when done.

I would select the high quality paper to be printed on and when that is done, the book is limited to 160 pages, I figure 2 pages per car, means about 80 cars give or take.

If you are interested and could supply 3 to 6 photos of your car I can get a handle on the interest.

Here is a link to the site....

http://www.blurb.com/

here is an example of a drag racing book that was done very nicely...
http://www.blurb.com/books/566629

If you are interested, indicate in this thread. As soon as I get my first book done, I will take some photos of it as well as provide a link to it on line. That will give those who might still be interested an opportunity to decide. And then I will solicit photos.

regards, Herb

WOW That is a great idea I hope it works out.

:beer:beer:beer

SMOKin JOE. I like your ride. WOW that looks like a MEAN ASS car.
What about using Smokins ride for Cover?
what about using NYC skyline in background, and also ART.
You have the artist here.

SMOKin JOE. I like your ride. WOW that looks like a MEAN ASS car.
What about using Smokins ride for Cover?
what about using NYC skyline in background, and also ART.
You have the artist here.

Hi Rick Thanks

It is a FUN ride for sure.

I saw the Family guy pic you did and thought it was outstanding. I try to watch the show when I have time.
I think it's funny as hell.
;LOL;LOL;LOL

:beer:beer:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom